Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
81 - 100 of 147 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Mine was built week 25 (6 weeks ago) then stayed at status 30 which is tradition to shipping for weeks. It apparently has now been completed and is status 38 meaning waiting to get on a ship I believe. This happened a couple of days ago so myself and the dealer are planning for 1st Sept. hoping to see status of being in Uk sometime next week. Very frustrating and wish Audi would come clean with updates. I ordered mine in March and they said build week 25. So they can plan that far ahead but completion and shipping they can’t update us or tell the truth on parts shortage. I have an RS Voraprung edition with ceramic brakes so not really any options missing. Let’s hope it arrives with everything working 😳
Very pleased to hear UK buyers are now getting their cars, my dealer is still thankfully assuring me I will get mine sometime in November after I ordered it in June, this is reassuring after some of the alarming stories on this forum of up to possibly a years delay 🙏

·
Registered
24 Posts
Very pleased to hear UK buyers are now getting their cars, my dealer is still thankfully assuring me I will get mine sometime in November after I ordered it in June, this is reassuring after some of the alarming stories on this forum of up to possibly a years delay 🙏
Indeed, very encouraging and hopefully the evolving situation keeps improving 🤞

·
Registered
21 Posts
Mine was built week 25 (6 weeks ago) then stayed at status 30 which is tradition to shipping for weeks. It apparently has now been completed and is status 38 meaning waiting to get on a ship I believe.
Jealous, my week 24 is still stuck in limbo (just checked with Audi CS there now just after seeing your message).

·
Registered
14 Posts
Ordered mine week 25. No build date yet and most likely February 22 dealer reckons🤨. Oh well as part of the deal they will absorb the additional mileage costs on my current A7, regardless of how many miles over my limit they will not charge me. So can't complain.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi folks.

I ordered mine in week 28, and the delivery estimate was end of February 2022. The dealership mentioned that any issues with the end of a current PCP on my RS6 will be sorted out gracefully as well, and although I am not sure what that translates to, it seems like an iron-clad guarantee of support to me. I've been an Audi fan for decades and have a close relationship with my local dealership, and know they will be helpful. If I get any news I'll share it.

I can't remember seeing a situation like this before. Dealers and Audi are obviously on the back foot but it does seem to be getting back into shape now. I would not be surprised if supply constraints turn out to be less severe than forecast, as worldwide semiconductor shortages have triggered an intense reaction from suppliers keen to steal business back and harness the opportunity. In the end, oversupply seems quite likely, although I think the wider adoption of EVs is also going to cause energy supply pricing complications in the UK particularly.

Incidentally: despite the RS6 Performance edition being a spectacular car, I felt the GT was better yet! Never, ever have I experienced the instantaneous wall of power the GT produces and it is absolutely intoxicating. I'll give up the 600bhp+ V8 and all its brilliance gladly. We really are dealing with two different shades of perfect here, and anyone who has ordered a GT is going to be driving one of the best performance cars ever made, EV or not. I am sure the wait is justified and can't wait to see mine.

Best wishes
Michael

·
Registered
45 Posts
Got my RS on Monday, very very happy with it.
Put the deposit down in January, ordered it March 19th, production started week 23 (June 7th).
By June 18th it was marked status code 30 - in transit to the port.
It sat at the port for about a month. Despite me constantly emailing, calling and hanging around outside the dealership my dealer stopped giving me updates for a while.
Sometime around July 24th the boat was loaded and set off.
The dealers got the car July 29th, handover was the following day :)
Not too long given all the crap going on atm. It sure felt a long time.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #87 ·
All sounds very encouraging. Mine was built week 27 and been at the port since 12th July so will hopefully be shipped soon if others are seeing ~1mth wait. Dealer booked me in for 1st Sept collection so fingers crossed that’s a good sign.

As a business owner, I can’t believe how Audi don’t have a better interface for customers to see progress. I received an early email saying ‘thanks for you order, we’ll keep you updated as it progresses…..’ not a whisper since.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yeah we get 1* star reviews if we don't get customers orders out for next day. Meanwhile spending 100k on a car and the supplier has zero idea when it might be delivered 😀

·
Registered
45 Posts
Yeah we get 1* star reviews if we don't get customers orders out for next day. Meanwhile spending 100k on a car and the supplier has zero idea when it might be delivered 😀
The lack of any online tracking through the order and build process is ridiculous tbh. There used to be one.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #91 ·
Had a chat with Audi UK today and they informed me at Emden Port there is about a 4 week delay from when a vehicle arrives to it making a ship.

So anyone waiting for shipping to the UK, expect it to happen 4-5 weeks after your car has a status of 38 (at port).

·
Registered
21 Posts
Interesting to see that 'RS' models built after mine are now on the move - wonder if this is related to the whole sunroof rubber shortage issue or just random? In the meantime if there is a rubber shortage, ours with pan-roofs are gradually filling with water in some random field in the German countryside.
See also many cars built after week 25 will just come with one key fob due to shortages, wonder if this includes the GT?

What can possibly go wrong next? Oh wait.... :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
77 Posts
Interesting to see that 'RS' models built after mine are now on the move - wonder if this is related to the whole sunroof rubber shortage issue or just random? In the meantime if there is a rubber shortage, ours with pan-roofs are gradually filling with water in some random field in the German countryside.
See also many cars built after week 25 will just come with one key fob due to shortages, wonder if this includes the GT?

View attachment 2531
I jussi picked up my GT. Had 2 key fobs.

·
Premium Member
2014 R8 V10 Cabriolet, 2015 RS7
172 Posts
My order production was originally scheduled for the week of Aug 27, but it has now been pushed back to October. Same story as everywhere else: chip shortage.

·
Registered
17 Posts

View attachment 2531
Dealer rang today to give me heads up on the Etron GT I ordered in June, he warned me that I was being sent a letter from Audi GB chief which will apparently explain why there are delays on all new cars being ordered this year, it will generally contain the reasons for delays which have already been discussed in this forum many times, (shortage of microchips, rubber for panoramic sunroof, only 1 keyfob allocated per car until world shortage is resolved etc...) 😕
However the good news was that my allocated build slot time on the system still remained the same commence October expected delivery November😊

·
Registered
2 Posts
I placed an order on the e-Tron GT on the 1st July, was told delivery would be in October, once I paid it was changed to the 27th December and now they can't even give me a provisional date, apparently they can't even get a factory slot so don't even have an order number. Bit of a nightmare, no idea when it will arrive, i've got a business lease Alfa which I guess I need to extend. Looking like i'm not the only one though, do you think i'm looking at delivery by March 2022 or longer?

81 - 100 of 147 Posts