Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
1061 - 1080 of 1132 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Just heard from the dealership having enquired about a very similar car to mine that was registered last week (turns out that was a false alarm, it's their director's car). Good news is that mine is confirmed as fully built and is now awaiting transportation from the factory to Emden ready for its onward journey to Grimsby. I'll be further updated once it actually moves from the factory but hopefully that gives a bit of hope to fellow week 24'ers (and worth a follow-up with your dealer @KBarbs just in case their story has changed since you last spoke to them). My dealer has 3 allocations for that particular build week, all confirmed as built (and similar'ish specs I believe).

Fingers crossed it gets here soon :)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Just heard from the dealership having enquired about a very similar car to mine that was registered last week (turns out that was a false alarm, it's their director's car). Good news is that mine is confirmed as fully built and is now awaiting transportation from the factory to Emden ready for its onward journey to Grimsby. I'll be further updated once it actually moves from the factory but hopefully that gives a bit of hope to fellow week 24'ers (and worth a follow-up with your dealer @KBarbs just in case their story has changed since you last spoke to them). My dealer has 3 allocations for that particular build week, all confirmed as built (and similar'ish specs I believe).

Fingers crossed it gets here soon :)
Brilliant news, I am sure you are counting down the days.
I am still very much in the same boat as I was. There are two GTs from the same dealer taken off the production line. Just bad timing or bad luck, but it will make the delivery when it arrives all the better (I hope).

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm from Toronto, Canada and I ordered mine in mid-February at the biggest Audi dealership in Ontario. The dealers told me they have a few allocations for "rush orders" and was estimated for late-July, mid-August. I picked it up on June 28. The communication was fantastic and they had everything ready for me. I got one of the final production 2022 etron GTs. I'm not sure if the "rush order" allocation is true but they did make due on their promise of expected delivery date. From what it seems, Canadians seem to be getting their cars quicker than other countries.
Which dealership did you order from? I ordered mine late feb 2022 from a GTA dealer as well. They told me originally August, but i think i'm getting pushed into the 2023 build ~ sept/oct 2023.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Mine was due to be built last week, called the dealer but the sales guys is on holiday until Friday.

Will let you know later this week, sold my car 4 weeks ago so hopefully it wont be delayed 🙏
Fingers crossed there aren’t any delays. A friend of mine has a Taycan on order, due Xmas time and has been told it’s going to be severely delayed due to part shortages.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Is anyone getting any news off their dealerships? I have an RS GT on order which went into build week 28. This is now week 30 and according to my dealer it is still in build. I have no other information than that.
Par for the course I’m afraid. Week 24 build here and got confirmation only last week that it had been completed (had been ‘in build’ for 5 weeks)….

·
Registered
35 Posts
Is anyone getting any news off their dealerships? I have an RS GT on order which went into build week 28. This is now week 30 and according to my dealer it is still in build. I have no other information than that.
My dealer has been great keeping me informed but they are struggling to get information from Audi themselves. That is the main problem.

I have a Q7 that took 4 weeks to build, was completed on June 13th and I just got confirmation today that it has been shipped. That will be 12 weeks from the build week! Things are messed up from both a build and logistics POV.

My GT was confirmed as started on build week 24 and I heard a few weeks back that it has been taken off the production line due to missing parts. I only know this through the dealer chasing Audi centrally - the internal dealer systems just do not have that level of info. Right now I have no idea if it will arrive before Oct!

It is hard to blame the dealers, but the inconsistent and poor level of comms from the factory is very frustrating.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Further update after receiving a phone call from the dealer today. Sounds as though there are further delays. They had a communcation from Neckersulm this morning, they have around 10 vehicles, a mix ranging from A1, RSQ8, etron SUV, etron GT, all held up at the factory (they're built, but stuck at status 20, checkpoint 8 which is quality control). They're hoping to hear further news but at present, they won't be delivered to the dealership until 9th September (not sure of the other car's build weeks but certainly mine is a week 24 build for reference). To be fair, they estimated mine originally to be there by the end of August, so there's not a massive delay to 9th Sept I guess... Understand others though have been waiting a long time.

It'll be worth it when it turns up 🙃

·
Registered
e-tron GT Quattro
210 Posts
Further update after receiving a phone call from the dealer today. Sounds as though there are further delays. They had a communcation from Neckersulm this morning, they have around 10 vehicles, a mix ranging from A1, RSQ8, etron SUV, etron GT, all held up at the factory (they're built, but stuck at status 20, checkpoint 8 which is quality control). They're hoping to hear further news but at present, they won't be delivered to the dealership until 9th September (not sure of the other car's build weeks but certainly mine is a week 24 build for reference). To be fair, they estimated mine originally to be there by the end of August, so there's not a massive delay to 9th Sept I guess... Understand others though have been waiting a long time.

It'll be worth it when it turns up 🙃
Just spoke to someone else at the dealership and my car is still in build, it was only due week 29 so this will be the second week of build.

What they did say is every Thursday Audi release a list of cars in build that have been delayed due to missing parts. And mine is not on the list yet. I'll call them next week and see what happening.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Just spoke to someone else at the dealership and my car is still in build, it was only due week 29 so this will be the second week of build.

What they did say is every Thursday Audi release a list of cars in build that have been delayed due to missing parts. And mine is not on the list yet. I'll call them next week and see what happening.
Fingers crossed for you. For reference, up until today, mine had shown as status 20 (still does I suppose) but with the reassurance that it had no delay due parts. Doesn't appear to have stopped it getting held up at the factory awaiting its next set of checks before heading to the port but it's a built car, no shortage of parts on mine according to their system. They have one that was a BW24 (not sure of which model, not specifically an etron GT) that has been held up until 29th Sept....

Glass half full, I guess it'll be registered on the new September plate (although I'll be putting it on my cherished plate anyway)

Font Number Event Art Pattern

·
Registered
9 Posts
Which dealership did you order from? I ordered mine late feb 2022 from a GTA dealer as well. They told me originally August, but i think i'm getting pushed into the 2023 build ~ sept/oct 2023.
I ordered early February at Audi Midtown Toronto. They initially told me August/September. Came in much faster than expected.

I was a bit skeptical because of how quick it was and did a thorough inspection for my own quality control purposes, body alignment, interior, etc. and it was fantastic. Absolutely loving the car! Enjoy the subtleness of it compared to some electric cars but it still definitely turns heads.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Audi has the worst communication.

It was showing delayed, leaving Emden July 23rd, arrive in San Diego on August 19th.
I get a call on the 15th that the car was just dropped off in an enclosed trailer.

I believe it arrived in San Diego on June 24th and was at the port for a few weeks.

Just picked it up

View attachment 5906
Glad you finally have it - color and wheels look terrific!

1061 - 1080 of 1132 Posts