Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
1081 - 1100 of 1132 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
So, I mentioned earlier in this thread that my production week 24 car had been pulled off the assembly line with top and bottom half not yet mated (hence no assigned VIN) due to missing parts. It’s still off the line and I just found out that the new estimated completion date is 09/24/2022. Yikes. And, the new estimate for delivery at the dealership is 11/24-12/01. Yikes x2.

·
Registered
590 Posts
So, I mentioned earlier in this thread that my production week 24 car had been pulled off the assembly line with top and bottom half not yet mated (hence no assigned VIN) due to missing parts. It’s still off the line and I just found out that the new estimated completion date is 09/24/2022. Yikes. And, the new estimate for delivery at the dealership is 11/24-12/01. Yikes x2.
Will your car be MY2022 or MY2023?

·
Registered
e-tron GT Quattro
210 Posts
No news yet, mine is a w28 build, but not heard anything. Going by sound of yours, it’s likely to be disappointing news :-(
Spoke to the dealer on Friday and mine is still in build was week 29 but nothing has moved forward.

When I bought the last one it was built and on the way to the UK before the end of the build week.

It would seem there are issues with parts or something. Could it be the 12v battery, I know there was a fire that delayed the Taycans and perhaps the same source is used for the GTs.

Fingers crossed it is a simple fit and all the delayed cars get released at once.

·
Registered
94 Posts
All quiet here since my last update. I'm down at the dealership at the end of the week as they've offered to service my S4 for free given the GT is overdue a little bit. Hopefully there'll be a bit of news but failing that, it sounds as though mine's still delayed (built car, just awaiting transport from the factory) until 9th September (confirmed build week was 24).

·
Registered
5 Posts
No news yet, mine is a w28 build, but not heard anything. Going by sound of yours, it’s likely to be disappointing news :-(
Yikes.. Mine was supposed to be delivered in April. Got pushed back a few times and eventually, build was confirmed to be w30 - which was last week. Haven't heard from the dealer (no surprise as they haven't been communicating proactively for the past 6 months) so I'm assuming yet another delay. Mentally, I've already told myself the car will not be arriving before October.

Wish you luck!

·
Registered
e-tron GT Quattro
210 Posts
Along with supply chain delays workers at ports striking for fair pay may also delay our cars departing Germany.

·
Registered
e-tron GT Quattro
210 Posts
Update on my RS GT order, was week 29 build.

Just had a update that it is now CP8 Date: 21/10/2022

So that means rather than being in final checks 24/07/2022 it is delayed by 3 months!

Given I sold my GT already, I'm now gonna have to buy another car to see me through.

Not good, but just gotta get on with it!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Update on my RS GT order, was week 29 build.

Just had a update that it is now CP8 Date: 21/10/2022

So that means rather than being in final checks 24/07/2022 it is delayed by 3 months!

Given I sold my GT already, I'm now gonna have to buy another car to see me through.

Not good, but just gotta get on with it!
Ouch.. Can I ask when you placed your order?

·
Registered
e-tron GT Quattro
210 Posts
Ouch.. Can I ask when you placed your order?
It was in March and the original build date was week 38 then it moved to 29. So it is gonna be about 4 weeks longer than the original date.

Not a major issue other than the fact I sold my GT 4 weeks ago. My wifes car is up for changing in the next 12 months so an just gonna buy a new car for her then use my wifes old can until the new one arrives, then sell that on after.

Lesson learnt :)

1081 - 1100 of 1132 Posts