Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
1161 - 1180 of 1204 Posts

·
Registered
e-tron GT Quattro
217 Posts
I got exactly the same update today from my dealer. It’s actually hard to call it an update when nothing has changed and all they have is ‘awaiting complements’
Same for me nothing has changed, just a waiting game now. Mine goes through final quality control end of October so I would expect November or early December for delivery.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Well my dealer told me today that my car
Was about to go into build and I needed to make changes or cancel today if wanted. The car was slated to be finished dec or Jan. It was a regular GT prestige with Nardo grey AE paint and grey contrast stitching with grey belts on black leather. 133k. I decided to cancel the order and keep my Etron S. My biggest issue was the loss of the tax credit. I’ll probably wait for a nice low miles used RS for that money without the tax credit the new car isn’t worth it to me. I’m sure many will disagree. But to each their own.
Hey, did they tell you what options would need to be removed for the car to have a chance at being built? That might be a hint as to which components are stuck in the supply chain.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Just had a revised CP8 update on mine, from 9th Sept it's now 24th Sept. ETA for delivery is now mid to late Oct 😭😭. Built in June.... Puzzling as to the reason for the delay now.
I have stopped asking my dealer. At this stage I have resigned myself to the fact that it will be Oct and I will wait until nearer the time to check again.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I have stopped asking my dealer. At this stage I have resigned myself to the fact that it will be Oct and I will wait until nearer the time to check again.
Ironically it was unprompted so I guess that's a positive that there's active communication with updates. Still no information from the factory as to what the hold up is though.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi all! I’ve just joined the forum but have been monitoring it for several months now. I ordered a non-RS GT and am comparing my experience and expectations with others in the thread. Here are my details:

Order date: 3/24/2022
Expected delivery: 10 months
Dealer location: Little Rock, AR, USA
Color: Ascari Blue
Trim package: Prestige with Full Leather interior

My dealer initially told me the lead time would be roughly 10 months before delivery. Another dealership in Dallas, TX confirmed this estimate to be realistic. It also seems to fall in line with what my research has turned up. Production pain points seem to range from chip and battery availability, wiring harness production in Ukraine, and shipping catastrophes. It seems the chip shortage is the worst issue at the moment, though I may be wrong. Communication between 'big' Audi and local dealers seems to be spotty at best. I am especially interested in following others’ experiences who placed their orders near the same time as mine and what their expectations are based on info they’ve received from their dealer as well as from the Net.

Cheers!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Mine’s a previously cancelled order which I took over in mid-May. Build slot was already confirmed when the previous buyer placed the order for the car as week 24.
Minimal info coming through from then factory. Dealer is confident my car was built in week 24 but there’s confusion as to why it’s still stuck at the factory awaiting final quality checks (my suspicions are it needs a part to then progress to final checks) before shipping on a train to Emden and then ferry to Grimsby (UK).

I had a revised CP08 (final quality check) date of 9th Sept which was subsequently re-revised yesterday to 24th Sept…. Have started to make noises about cancelling if it keeps slipping to later in the year.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Just another regular no update update on my order. Status hasn’t changed yet. Wasn’t chasing my dealer, but the company called wanting to book my current car in for a service, and charge me £25 for a loaner!

Blatant profiteering! Rang my dealer contact and told him that was a bit of a sharp tactic.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Sytner, for those of you this side of the pond, and wondering…..
Bit naughty that. Not sure if that’s Sytner’s standard policy but it’s not a generic Audi one. Stafford (Swansway) did my S4 service for free and loaned me an RS for 30 mins. Not trying to show off, but worth mentioning to Sytner as they really ought to be forking out due to the issue with us not having our GT’s being their supply chain issue.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Today (Saturday) I received notice via email that my order has entered the production stage. I believe the actual time to manufacture a GT is about one week and starts on Mondays. I will go back through this forum and try to verify this. I am only halfway through the expected delivery period, so I will be cautiously optimistic. Here’s a recap of my order:

Order date: 3/24/2022
Order “created”: 7/5/2022 (not exactly sure what this means)
Expected delivery: 10 months
Dealer location: Little Rock, AR, USA
Color: Ascari Blue
Trim package: Prestige with Full Leather interior
9/10/2022 - email received that car has entered production status

·
Registered
114 Posts
New update... Dealer contacted me today, having previously given me a revised, revised, revised, revised estimate of 24th September to advise (with mutual shock as they'd only received the dreaded 'Thursday' update of delayed cars today, that mine's now 'next information' of 28th October. The dealer themselves are still being great, keeping me as informed as they can, but they advised they're now up to over 300 delayed cars (for that showroom alone, let alone others in their franchise) across the board from A3 to RSQ8 to GT's. Sounds as though it's a non specific issue to GT's. They suggested (given they've had no info from the factory) to put in a complaint which I did over the phone, to which the complaints team advised it was still semi-conductors (no news there I guess). She did say they're also having a problem with lights (generically rather than specific to GT's) and that they may be shipping some cars without Matrix (but equally they're trying to source alternative suppliers).

At this rate with an extra month's delay every time I'm contacted, we'll be lucky to get these GT's by Christmas 🙃

·
Registered
108 Posts
Wow. :-(

Sorry to hear that, and almost pleased I haven’t heard anything from my dealer. Although, sure it’s the same situation as yours

If they start shipping without some of the features, I’d seriously consider not accepting the car and waiting until they can do one with the spec I ordered.

Matrix is kind of a key feature….

(And I’m not at all confident it will be here by Christmas! Which given my father in law is happily showing off his new Ioniq 5 and gloating about how quick that was!, is somewhat…. Shall we say, frustrating!)

·
Registered
114 Posts
Wow. :-(

Sorry to hear that, and almost pleased I haven’t heard anything from my dealer. Although, sure it’s the same situation as yours

If they start shipping without some of the features, I’d seriously consider not accepting the car and waiting until they can do one with the spec I ordered.

Matrix is kind of a key feature….

(And I’m not at all confident it will be here by Christmas! Which given my father in law is happily showing off his new Ioniq 5 and gloating about how quick that was!, is somewhat…. Shall we say, frustrating!)
Agreed. I know BMW started doing that on the i4, with certain features missing on arrival to the dealership. The Matrix lights are certainly something that I'd ideally want (although the LED on my S4 are great). I came off the phone to Customer Services feeling as though I'd been spun a standard story to be honest so I wouldn't read too much into it (but it made me nervous when they started the spiel about the lights).

Losing a bit of confidence in the process myself. Very much trust my dealer (at the end of the day they're pushing as hard as they can from their side as they're missing a sale, and the cost of de-tagging me from the order stands at £5000 that they'd take a hit on if I pull out). Conversely, because they've fixed on my part-ex valuation, every month that ticks by costs them more money by depreciation on my S4 so there may come a point where it's cheaper for them to pull out of the deal, take a hit on the de-tag (it already has been de-tagged once as I jumped on a previously cancelled order) rather than take a bigger hit on depreciation on my existing car... The plot thickens but I'm losing faith in 'big Audi' to be honest, it's only a good trustworthy dealership (and the fact there are no alternatives in my price bracket) that's keeping me from cancelling.

1161 - 1180 of 1204 Posts