Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
101 - 120 of 147 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
So an update on mine. Ordered 3 x Etron GTs 23rd May ( for myself and two business partners) and at that time the dealer was quoting build slots around week 45. Estimate was possible Jan to March delivery. I've been chasing updates on build slots since and keep getting the same stock answer waiting for a build allocation from Audi. So changed tack and asked a different question. When placing the order I asked when the earliest build slot was on the system (week 45) so asked when the current earliest build slot is as we are now 8 weeks down the line. Week 32 of 2022 was the answer I received. That's August next year. Suffice to say I wasnt a happy bunny and cancelled the order.

·
Registered
17 Posts
So an update on mine. Ordered 3 x Etron GTs 23rd May ( for myself and two business partners) and at that time the dealer was quoting build slots around week 45. Estimate was possible Jan to March delivery. I've been chasing updates on build slots since and keep getting the same stock answer waiting for a build allocation from Audi. So changed tack and asked a different question. When placing the order I asked when the earliest build slot was on the system (week 45) so asked when the current earliest build slot is as we are now 8 weeks down the line. Week 32 of 2022 was the answer I received. That's August next year. Suffice to say I wasnt a happy bunny and cancelled the order.
I find this length of time absolutely staggering and agree is totally unacceptable and don't blame you cancelling, I am beginning to wonder if my dealer is possibly not being truly honest with me although he is still quoting that my car is on the Audi build slot for the beginning of October and the Audi funded Podpoint installation at my home is well in hand.
I did ask him this week to give me an estimated delivery time if I ordered the e-tron GT now, the answer was March 2022, I actually ordered mine late June, so a lot has been happening since then.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I find this length of time absolutely staggering and agree is totally unacceptable and don't blame you cancelling, I am beginning to wonder if my dealer is possibly not being truly honest with me although he is still quoting that my car is on the Audi build slot for the beginning of October and the Audi funded Podpoint installation at my home is well in hand.
I did ask him this week to give me an estimated delivery time if I ordered the e-tron GT now, the answer was March 2022, I actually ordered mine late June, so a lot has been happening since then.
Yes I think that Audi may have underestimated initial demand as I read somewhere production is limited to 350 a week. I am off to Porsche so guess I am in the wrong forum now. Good luck with your cars I hope you get them soon

·
Registered
51 Posts
Good luck with Porsche. I was thinking of that initially but back in March they were looking at November or December delivery and as at the time I was expecting the Etron mid July I went for that

·
Registered
10 Posts
Good luck with Porsche. I was thinking of that initially but back in March they were looking at November or December delivery and as at the time I was expecting the Etron mid July I went for that
Hope you got your car or at least it's coming soon for you. Porsche dealer seems to think we should have cars early next year fingers crossed.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #108 ·
Excellent news this morning. My RS GT has arrived in the UK today. I know there are some long wait times now, but I can't really grumble. I ordered at the beginning of May and was initially given an estimated build in Nov. It quickly came forward and will take delivery first week of Sept.

I hope Audi pick up the pace, and others ordering/waiting see their cars sooner than anticipated.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Excellent news this morning. My RS GT has arrived in the UK today. I know there are some long wait times now, but I can't really grumble. I ordered at the beginning of May and was initially given an estimated build in Nov. It quickly came forward and will take delivery first week of Sept.

I hope Audi pick up the pace, and others ordering/waiting see their cars sooner than anticipated.
Amazing, wonder how they managed to speed it up?

·
Registered
1 Posts
That's absolutely excellent news, maybe the bottleneck and parts shortages are improving.
If you are wanting one that is already in the country and due in the next few days, WAKEFIELD AUDI have 2 RS Etron Carbon Vorsprung due in, one in Daytona, and I think one in Mythos. No GT vorsprungs, I have just done a deal on their Kemora Grey one! Also, if you have a chat to Riccardo at Stafford AUDI, he has found 3 ready for delivery in the next month! Tell him Dr Hee recommended him!

·
Registered
21 Posts
That's absolutely excellent news, maybe the bottleneck and parts shortages are improving.
I hope so but I just checked with Audi CS and my Week 24 build is still code 30 (in transit from factory to port) for over 8 weeks now so this process seems entirely random. Dealership said a week 25 build in similar configuration to mine actually turned up at their premises last week so could Audi be doing 'last in, first out' from whatever giant carpark they're using?

·
Registered
17 Posts
I hope so but I just checked with Audi CS and my Week 24 build is still code 30 (in transit from factory to port) for over 8 weeks now so this process seems entirely random. Dealership said a week 25 build in similar configuration to mine actually turned up at their premises last week so could Audi be doing 'last in, first out' from whatever giant carpark they're using?
Interesting comments, there does appear to be a very wide array of delivery times being promised across the UK from the time your car is ordered to when its allocated a build slot/delivery, whether this depends on the size of the dealerships, the larger ones having higher priority with Audi so customers get their cars much quicker than the smaller dealerships. Has Audi allocated the UK and other countries only a certain number of RS/E-tron GT's for the year? Some dealerships appear to have ordered in advance job lots of these cars and have them in stock and ready for immediate delivery, it's all very confusing.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm trying not to get agitated by it, but it's frustrating that a company the size of Audi can't be clearer, I'm an adult and can handle bad news if that's what it is, Can't even get an order number let alone a delivery slot. Just lets me keep my current car a bit longer, which is no bad thing really.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Interesting comments, there does appear to be a very wide array of delivery times being promised across the UK from the time your car is ordered to when its allocated a build slot/delivery, whether this depends on the size of the dealerships, the larger ones having higher priority with Audi so customers get their cars much quicker than the smaller dealerships. Has Audi allocated the UK and other countries only a certain number of RS/E-tron GT's for the year? Some dealerships appear to have ordered in advance job lots of these cars and have them in stock and ready for immediate delivery, it's all very confusing.
I believe so, a couple of dealerships I've spoken to have talked about a very low allocation to the UK (one dealer mentioned only 500 to the UK this year). Spoke to a local Porsche dealership and they're estimating late Q1 into Q2 of 2022 for any factory orders of Taycan be they saloon or Cross Turismo models.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #117 ·
I believe so, a couple of dealerships I've spoken to have talked about a very low allocation to the UK (one dealer mentioned only 500 to the UK this year). Spoke to a local Porsche dealership and they're estimating late Q1 into Q2 of 2022 for any factory orders of Taycan be they saloon or Cross Turismo models.
I'd heard 500 for the UK too. The dealer I ordered mine from only had 3 allocated to them and where hoping for a few more later in the year.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I ordered mine of 3rd March (RS-Etron) and was given a build week of wk28. I had confirmation of build in July and it has just been delivered to the dealer today. I emailed them last week after reading this post as people who ordered for wk25 build still hadn't had theirs. I ordered base RS as Pana roof was essential and I didn't like the 5 star wheels and then added HUD, Carbon Inlays, 21"black 10 spoke wheels, tour pack, city pack, park pilot plus etc etc. I thought with it being a unique spec it was causing the delay but it's through ready for next week. The dealer intimated that they have now sold their allocation (4) and won't see anymore til next year and they can't sell their GT Quattro despite lots and lots of offers.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Got a call from the dealer today and delighted to report my week 24 has finally left the factory and is at the port awaiting loading onto a ship so hopefully just a couple of weeks till I have it now. :)

101 - 120 of 147 Posts