Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
1181 - 1200 of 1204 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Mine was week 29 and is due to go through final quality checks at the end of October so have been told late November for delivery.
Fingers crossed for you. BW24 here and sounds as though it'll now be the end of October (until the next update) before mine clears CP08 (final checks). My initial final checks were supposed to be end of June... Unless they're doing a whole batch of them from June's backlog and onwards, I'd maybe budget for December delivery at the minute for a week 29 car... Hope I'm wrong though.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I have a build week of week 30c I got an update last week that the delivery to me will be November, does anyone else have a build week 30, mine is at stage 20 currently?
Fingers crossed. Mine's been at stage 20 since mid June (6 weeks before your build week) so I've a horrible feeling that delivery in November will be ambitious based on my CP08 slipping by a month each time I get an update. Fingers crossed I'm wrong though and that we're all going to be proud owners in the near future.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Since it has been a little more than a week since I received my last email update informing me the car is currently being built, I decided to contact my dealer to see if 1) they could confirm this, and 2) see if they had any additional info. I also asked how long it takes for a GT to be built and she told me about 2 months. I somehow got the impression it takes much less than that, so I’m curious if others in the forum have a better idea of this.

To save folks from having to piece my order experience together from previous posts, here’s a recap of my order:

Order date: 3/24/2022
Order “created”: 7/5/2022 (not exactly sure what this means)
Expected delivery: 10 months
Dealer location: Little Rock, AR, USA
Color: Ascari Blue
Trim package: Prestige with Full Leather interior
9/10/2022 - email received that car has entered production status
9/20/2022 - called dealer who informed me the ETA for delivery to dealer is 11/24/2022 - 12/14/2022. This shortens the overall delivery time after order was placed to 8-9 months instead of 10. I was also informed build time is ~2 months.

·
Registered
37 Posts
So if we are talking the actual time it should spend on the line being built then when the stars align and they have everything to finish the build before they start, it took 1 week for my car to enter and exit build... I feel gutted for everyone who is now experiencing extended delays, I hated the wait, but when I ordered in July last year and got my car in April I now look back and feel very lucky.

·
Registered
6 Posts
That's more in line with what I was hoping; that the actual time on the build line was more like a week vs. a couple of months. I think this illustrates the disconnect between 'big' Audi and the dealership network. I'm happy you were able to get yours without any major delays, and your overall time of delivery from when you originally placed the order seems to coincide with what I'm getting from others' experiences. Thanks for the feedback, and I hope you're happy with your car. If anyone else has similar or different feedback, I would be interested to hear that too.

Cheers!

·
Registered
114 Posts
So if we are talking the actual time it should spend on the line being built then when the stars align and they have everything to finish the build before they start, it took 1 week for my car to enter and exit build... I feel gutted for everyone who is now experiencing extended delays, I hated the wait, but when I ordered in July last year and got my car in April I now look back and feel very lucky.
It's not great is it. I've written today to the board at Audi DE as well as the UK Production Manager to see if they can point me (and us as a collective) in the direction of someone who knows what's going on. I doubt I'll hear back but will let you know if I do.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Since it has been a little more than a week since I received my last email update informing me the car is currently being built, I decided to contact my dealer to see if 1) they could confirm this, and 2) see if they had any additional info. I also asked how long it takes for a GT to be built and she told me about 2 months. I somehow got the impression it takes much less than that, so I’m curious if others in the forum have a better idea of this.

To save folks from having to piece my order experience together from previous posts, here’s a recap of my order:

9/20/2022 - called dealer who informed me the ETA for delivery to dealer is 11/24/2022 - 12/14/2022. This shortens the overall delivery time after order was placed to 8-9 months instead of 10. I was also informed build time is ~2 months.
My experience is the same as Chris's. I ordered at the end of December (it actually went through to Audi at the start of January because of the break), I got a confirmed build date of week 24 (status 20) at the end of April, and it went into production on the Monday of week 24 (13th June). On the Friday my dealer sent me a screenshot showing that the build status had changed to "built". I received an email from Audi saying my car was on a ship on 27th June, and it arrived at the dealer on 5th July.

So yeah, a build time of a week. (I am feeling very lucky as it seems other people with a build week of 24 are still waiting - I hope everyone gets theirs soon.)

·
Registered
6 Posts
My experience is the same as Chris's. I ordered at the end of December (it actually went through to Audi at the start of January because of the break), I got a confirmed build date of week 24 (status 20) at the end of April, and it went into production on the Monday of week 24 (13th June). On the Friday my dealer sent me a screenshot showing that the build status had changed to "built". I received an email from Audi saying my car was on a ship on 27th June, and it arrived at the dealer on 5th July.

So yeah, a build time of a week. (I am feeling very lucky as it seems other people with a build week of 24 are still waiting - I hope everyone gets theirs soon.)
Perfect. That's exactly the feedback I had hoped for to help set my expectations. Patience WILL eventually pay off.

·
Registered
6 Posts

I ordered my GT in April of this year. My most recent update from the dealer was that it would be built towards the end of October and hopefully delivered to the dealership (I’m in AZ) before year end. Since you’re about a month ahead of me, it’s good to see the estimates are consistent.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I ordered my GT in April of this year. My most recent update from the dealer was that it would be built towards the end of October and hopefully delivered to the dealership (I’m in AZ) before year end. Since you’re about a month ahead of me, it’s good to see the estimates are consistent.
That's good info to know. Thanks much. I will continue to pass along any updates as they happen. Cheers!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Update from the 'Executive Office' (Customer Services by another name it seems) with news that isn't news. Still on the merry-go-round and seems to be a hard limit as to the information Audi UK can glean from the factory. The story is still 'car is pretty much built, but is awaiting semi-conductors'. They're unable to advise which semi conductors (as in if it was say a semi conductor in the C&S package, I might consider removing that as an option if that expedited the timeline).

Have copied the MD in on my responses but suspect he's batting it back towards Customer Services. Bit of a brick wall I'm afraid. I've a couple of months left before I'll need to reconsider the order due to financial planning and projected remortgages etc

Here's hoping for better news in October

·
Registered
39 Posts
Update from the 'Executive Office' (Customer Services by another name it seems) with news that isn't news. Still on the merry-go-round and seems to be a hard limit as to the information Audi UK can glean from the factory. The story is still 'car is pretty much built, but is awaiting semi-conductors'. They're unable to advise which semi conductors (as in if it was say a semi conductor in the C&S package, I might consider removing that as an option if that expedited the timeline).

Have copied the MD in on my responses but suspect he's batting it back towards Customer Services. Bit of a brick wall I'm afraid. I've a couple of months left before I'll need to reconsider the order due to financial planning and projected remortgages etc

Here's hoping for better news in October
We seem to be on a similar trajectory with both our orders and lack of commitment from Audi. To be clear the dealer is great, but they are being put into an impossible position by Audi (despite the fact that they share the same name!). They have little information and are having to give 'no update' updates to frustrated customers like ourselves. I hit a brick wall with customer services and the dealer informed me that the part is due in at the factory late October and then 3-4 weeks to ship it. I am not holding out hope.

·
Registered
114 Posts
We seem to be on a similar trajectory with both our orders and lack of commitment from Audi. To be clear the dealer is great, but they are being put into an impossible position by Audi (despite the fact that they share the same name!). They have little information and are having to give 'no update' updates to frustrated customers like ourselves. I hit a brick wall with customer services and the dealer informed me that the part is due in at the factory late October and then 3-4 weeks to ship it. I am not holding out hope.
Couldn't agree more, the dealership are tearing their hair out with a substantial number of delayed orders (well over 300 now I think). They've advised me they're making no money out of mine now and will claim against big Audi when/if it turns up. If I cancel, it'll cost them £5.5k from 'big Audi' as a de-tag fine, even though it's big Audi's fault in not supplying the car... Bonkers! I've asked if they can play with the numbers and reduce from a 48 month deal which they're considering, but there's a danger that then moves me onto a different (by that read much higher) APR so I suspect that idea is dead in the water if we get to December with no news/physical car on the drive.

An identical spec'd car to mine has been delayed until the end of November and a similar one until 27th Dec (build weeks were a bit later than my week 24 but not by much). Seems odd that mine (for once) has stayed constant in the dreaded 'Thursday Update on Rearranged Delivery' email (or TURD as I now refer to it) whereas an identical car has shifted to the right significantly, so I'm now struggling to see a pattern (other than we're all delayed).

Fingers crossed for 'Progress', given Audi like to use it a lot in their marketing 🤞

1181 - 1200 of 1204 Posts