Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
1361 - 1380 of 1461 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
And. …… given what is likely to happen re company car tax on Thurs, it might be one to rethink anyway if changes are immediate/before delivery.
That’s an interesting one, I hung on to my deal (rather than cancelling) as I was told the costs would stay as quoted… given I haven’t taken delivery I wonder if they’ll try and change the price 🤷🏻‍♂️

·
Registered
13 Posts
My car’s transport vessel, the Sunshine Ace, arrived in Jacksonville, FL this morning and appears to be at the Blount Island terminal. I have not yet received the email from Audi telling me it has arrived, but I’m expecting that will be soon to follow. My remaining questions are how long it takes to be loaded for the next leg and if there will be stops along the way.

To save folks from having to piece my order experience together from previous posts, here’s a recap of my order:

Order date: 3/24/2022
Order “created”: 7/5/2022 (not exactly sure what this means)
Expected delivery: 10 months
Dealer location: Little Rock, AR, USA
Color: Ascari Blue
Trim package: Prestige with Full Leather interior
9/10/2022 - email received that car has entered production status
9/20/2022 - called dealer who informed me the ETA for delivery to dealer is 11/24/2022 - 12/14/2022. This shortens the overall delivery time after order was placed to 8-9 months instead of 10. I was also informed build time is ~2 months. [This turned out to be 5 weeks.]
10/7/2022 - dealer provided Production Week and final cost now that 2023 pricing is known.
10/19/2022 - email received that the car has “officially left the factory and is bound for its foreign port.”
10/29/2022 - car loaded on Sunshine Ace and left Emden today
11/15/2022 - vesselfinder shows ship has made it stateside.

·
Registered
158 Posts
That’s an interesting one, I hung on to my deal (rather than cancelling) as I was told the costs would stay as quoted… given I haven’t taken delivery I wonder if they’ll try and change the price 🤷🏻‍♂️

Pretty convinced dealers are holding the prices as agreed at the time of order, and interest rates etc.

I was referring to the likelihood that benefit in kind tax rates in the UK get hiked by the government. This wouldn’t affect Audi and they can’t mitigate against in, but, if you’re getting an EV as a company car, and government increases the very low tax rate, then it would be a financial hit to you

·
Registered
54 Posts
I just got an update from my dealer. The GT is now at the port awaiting shipping. My progress seems a little slower than others:
Build week 24 (mid June)
Sat at status 20 awaiting final build completion until Oct 27th.
Confirmed today that it is now at the port in Emden awaiting shipping.
Original handover date of the 14th Nov has passed and no new date available.

The dealer confirmed that they are struggling to get the cars onto the boats and have a backlog at the ports. Not just the volume of cars landing at once but the logistics as well causing chaos. The usual 1-2 weeks transfer window is completely gone with no certainty offered. Progress, but slow and uncertain progress.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I just got an update from my dealer. The GT is now at the port awaiting shipping. My progress seems a little slower than others:
Build week 24 (mid June)
Sat at status 20 awaiting final build completion until Oct 27th.
Confirmed today that it is now at the port in Emden awaiting shipping.
Original handover date of the 14th Nov has passed and no new date available.

The dealer confirmed that they are struggling to get the cars onto the boats and have a backlog at the ports. Not just the volume of cars landing at once but the logistics as well causing chaos. The usual 1-2 weeks transfer window is completely gone with no certainty offered. Progress, but slow and uncertain progress.
Great news it’s made it to the port. Sadly that seems to be the case re the backlog either side in Emden and UK ports. Dealer told me today that a Q4 stuck at Status 40 for 12 days has turned up this morning. No update yet as of 11am, still status 38, so unless there’s been a lag in the system, mine hasn’t made it onto that ferry…

·
Registered
31 Posts
Vehicle now status 39, shipped, so either landed on the Main Highway yesterday or is on the Neckar Highway that docks later this morning. Worth a call to your dealers for those that were on a similar timeline 🤞🏻🤞🏻
That’s amazing news ,
You must be a happy chappy not long at all now !! 👍👍👍

·
Registered
196 Posts
Had the call I'd been waiting for for a while just now... The GT is now status 40 at Grimsby, delivery to Stafford Audi is booked for 28th and collection on 29th/30th depending on how long it takes for them to PDI it and fit the tracker.... There's light at the end of the tunnel (and hopefully this means good news for everyone else on here) :) 🤞

1361 - 1380 of 1461 Posts