Audi e-tron Forum banner
1501 - 1520 of 1557 Posts

· Registered
240 Posts
FFS! New car has landed at the dealer, so, all set for Thurs collection. But. Today I get a call saying that VWFS now want a personal guarantee on the finance!

it was all sorted back in March, no issues, but now they want to change the terms. As far as I’m concerned, no issues with the business’s finances, and no issues with my personal finances. But, as a matter of principle I’m against exposing my house to a car loan!

so close…….

· Registered
241 Posts
FFS! New car has landed at the dealer, so, all set for Thurs collection. But. Today I get a call saying that VWFS now want a personal guarantee on the finance!

it was all sorted back in March, no issues, but now they want to change the terms. As far as I’m concerned, no issues with the business’s finances, and no issues with my personal finances. But, as a matter of principle I’m against exposing my house to a car loan!

so close…….
Oh no! Sorry to hear that Steve, is there a resolution from the dealer or d’you think it’s checkmate? Seems very odd that they’re putting an extra stipulation on it?

· Registered
240 Posts
Oh no! Sorry to hear that Steve, is there a resolution from the dealer or d’you think it’s checkmate? Seems very odd that they’re putting an extra stipulation on it?
The dealer didn’t want to call me today to tell me the car had physically arrived because of this!

it’s annoying, as nothing has fundamentally changed since the Spring.
Couple of options,- I sign the personal indemnity, knowing that if the proverbial hit the rotating blade device that I just sell the car, or give it back. Both of which are, exactly what I’d do anyway if the business couldn’t pay the bills. Which is unlikely anyway.

Or. I pay the car off in cash, which is the absurdity of this. Although; doing so is a fairly sizeable hit to cash flow for what is only a 2 year old business

either way, not giving up yet. But, if I sign a charge over the house 🏡 I may well have a divorce to fund too!

· Registered
240 Posts
Apparently it’s happening increasingly frequently at the moment, but that may just be the dealer saying ‘nice’ things to me to offset that I clearly don’t have the same size piggy bank as others on this forum!
(Who said working in state education made you rich?!)

· Registered
241 Posts
The dealer didn’t want to call me today to tell me the car had physically arrived because of this!

it’s annoying, as nothing has fundamentally changed since the Spring.
Couple of options,- I sign the personal indemnity, knowing that if the proverbial hit the rotating blade device that I just sell the car, or give it back. Both of which are, exactly what I’d do anyway if the business couldn’t pay the bills. Which is unlikely anyway.

Or. I pay the car off in cash, which is the absurdity of this. Although; doing so is a fairly sizeable hit to cash flow for what is only a 2 year old business

either way, not giving up yet. But, if I sign a charge over the house 🏡 I may well have a divorce to fund too!
Sounds absolutely bonkers to me Steve, I for one certainly wouldn’t have the cash flow to pay for the car outright.
Hope you find a resolution, the car’s fantastic but not worth putting a charge on the house for.

· Registered
241 Posts
Apparently it’s happening increasingly frequently at the moment, but that may just be the dealer saying ‘nice’ things to me to offset that I clearly don’t have the same size piggy bank as others on this forum!
(Who said working in state education made you rich?!)
I guess as the cost of living crisis hits and the economy tanks there’ll be more restrictions. I know during my time on furlough during the pandemic, life wasn’t fun trying to get a remortgage, especially working in the airline industry, no-one would go near me. Only way I could finance the GT was using some sizeable equity in the S4 and locking in on the 6.6% rate to keep the PCP at non-divorce levels 🤣.

Sincerely hope you find a resolution for it soon.

· Registered
240 Posts
Thank you, appreciate it. 🙏

yes, I couldn’t go higher than the APR rate we both have, or the new list price. And I sympathise on the furlough, that must have been really tough.

I genuinely don’t understand VWFS approach today, I’m sure their algorithms are well designed, but, I’m putting £25k deposit and equity into the car. The remaining finance is ‘only’ £15k higher than I currently have, through them, for the current car, and with that kind of investment, risk of negative equity on disposal is low.

Ah well, what will be will be. Anyone know anyone wanting a Daytona Quattro with C&S plus, available immediately. :ROFLMAO:

· Registered
241 Posts
Thank you, appreciate it. 🙏

yes, I couldn’t go higher than the APR rate we both have, or the new list price. And I sympathise on the furlough, that must have been really tough.

I genuinely don’t understand VWFS approach today, I’m sure their algorithms are well designed, but, I’m putting £25k deposit and equity into the car. The remaining finance is ‘only’ £15k higher than I currently have, through them, for the current car, and with that kind of investment, risk of negative equity on disposal is low.

Ah well, what will be will be. Anyone know anyone wanting a Daytona Quattro with C&S plus, available immediately. :ROFLMAO:
Does seems strange for £15k extra risk on a car that is at present as rare as hen’s teeth, so residuals are holding.

In answer to your last paragraph, hope it doesn’t get to that for you… But if they’ll still do it at 6.6%, then ermmm yes 🤣

· Registered
240 Posts
Does seems strange for £15k extra risk on a car that is at present as rare as hen’s teeth, so residuals are holding.

In answer to your last paragraph, hope it doesn’t get to that for you… But if they’ll still do it at 6.6%, then ermmm yes 🤣
will let you know tomorrow! I hope you don’t have the option for it, but, if you do, glad it’s going to a good home. 👍

· Registered
44 Posts
Hope you got your car agreement sorted .
I’m loving the car but can anyone explain in idiot mode how you set the timer for car to charge over night . I’ve done it on the app but not sure what u also need to do on car .also the regen brakes can you set that to stay on or do u have to set every time you get in ?

· Registered
240 Posts
Not yet….. but; it is scheduled for collection tomorrow afternoon. Sorted the above issues with the finance, so, should be all ok to go now (sorry @ricchester, you’ll have to wait!)

re the charging, if it’s similar to the SUV, you have to press the charging timer button on screen when you turn the car off when you get home. This puts a red line above it, which indicates timer is on. I’ll take a photo of it later when I’m clearing out the car ahead of tomorrow’s handover!

· Registered
241 Posts
Not yet….. but; it is scheduled for collection tomorrow afternoon. Sorted the above issues with the finance, so, should be all ok to go now (sorry @ricchester, you’ll have to wait!)

re the charging, if it’s similar to the SUV, you have to press the charging timer button on screen when you turn the car off when you get home. This puts a red line above it, which indicates timer is on. I’ll take a photo of it later when I’m clearing out the car ahead of tomorrow’s handover!
That's excellent news, so glad you got it all sorted and no apology needed regardless :)

Enjoy handover day, an excellent early Christmas present :)

· Registered
44 Posts

That’s great on your car 👍. Bet you can’t wait now . Ummm can’t remember seeing that when I turn it off . Il take a look thank you 👍

· Registered
241 Posts
Hope you got your car agreement sorted .
I’m loving the car but can anyone explain in idiot mode how you set the timer for car to charge over night . I’ve done it on the app but not sure what u also need to do on car .also the regen brakes can you set that to stay on or do u have to set every time you get in ?
Think there's something in the menu somewhere that allows the regen to be set to manual (however so far despite selecting that, it seems to default each time I switch the car on (maybe that's a feature of the Comfort mode it always starts in).

Just been out to the car to double check (still learning each time I sit in it)... Took videos but it won't let me upload it so have attached an image to show the charging menu.

Regen wise, if you press Car>Charging and Efficiency>Efficiency Assist, that allows you to toggle between manual and automatic recuperation. I've not yet found a way for saving max regen as a default (or indeed have no idea if that can be done, or whether automatic will always try and give max regen).

Charging wise, if you press Car>Charging and Efficiency>Charging, if you press on the clock (to the left of where it says 'the vehicle cannot be fully charged....' on the image attached), that should enable any timers you've set.

Vehicle Gadget Audio equipment Font Personal luxury car

1501 - 1520 of 1557 Posts