Audi e-tron Forum banner
1521 - 1540 of 1557 Posts

· Registered
21 Posts
Hi all,

my carhas a confirmed scheduled date of wk4 fingers cross. All going well when will the ViN number be generated? How long does it take to build? After built how long till it takes for delivery to dealer?

· Registered
62 Posts
Congratulations Steve, enjoy it.
I have just got my car back from being detailed, Ppf’d (in all the vulnerable places) and ceramic coated. I will post some photos later and further details if anyone is interested. The car looks even better than new. I am very impressed with the service by MuffWash who carried out all the work, kept me updated throughout and they did me a great deal.

· Registered
240 Posts
Great first day with the car today, although, slightly disappointed to realise that the car doesn’t come with adaptive cruise assist, which is apparently different to the adaptive cruise control , which it does have. The former steers actively within lanes, speeding and showing depending on road layout, and adapting to changes in speed limits.

Also, doesn’t have a ‘handbrake’ applied when you come to a stop, automatically, so automatically creeps. I knew about this, it is something to do with a different way of running the engine apparently, but that usability quirk feels like a retrograde step in my opinion.

Not being a moaning moaner, it is an incredible car, and very much better than the SUV. I was back in the dealer today to get the tracker swapped over, and the old car just looks so, well, boring by comparison. However, I’m not bowled over by it in an Oh My God kind of way…..yet.

· Registered
40 Posts
Great first day with the car today, although, slightly disappointed to realise that the car doesn’t come with adaptive cruise assist, which is apparently different to the adaptive cruise control , which it does have. The former steers actively within lanes, speeding and showing depending on road layout, and adapting to changes in speed limits.

Also, doesn’t have a ‘handbrake’ applied when you come to a stop, automatically, so automatically creeps. I knew about this, it is something to do with a different way of running the engine apparently, but that usability quirk feels like a retrograde step in my opinion.

Not being a moaning moaner, it is an incredible car, and very much better than the SUV. I was back in the dealer today to get the tracker swapped over, and the old car just looks so, well, boring by comparison. However, I’m not bowled over by it in an Oh My God kind of way…..yet.
Can’t help on the first point- I think that’s part of the tour pack, but you can apply the handbrake when you come to a stop with a firmer press on the brake pedal.

congrats on the car!

· Registered
e-tron GT Vorsprung Kemora Grey
186 Posts

It's sounding like you've already checked the spec you have, but just in case check to see if you've a button on the very end of the indicator stalk. This switches on active lane keeping (when cruise control is engaged). If cruise control isn't engaged then this button enables/disables lane keeping assist.
You will have hill hold assist engage the electronic handbrake on an incline to prevent any rolls backwards - this displays a green park brake symbol when engaged. Personally I love the low regen normal driving feel of the GT. Whenever I've been in a Tesla I've always turned on Creep for example. :D

· Registered
240 Posts
Thanks. Yes, the stalk and button are there. I’ve come from the etron SUV, so know how it should feel and work in terms of the functions. This isn’t doing it.

I’ll pick up with the dealer as to whether the car should do it, technically everything is there, it’s reading the road signs, it’s got ability to speed and slow based upon traffic in front of it, so, who knows!

Merry Christmas one and all….

· Registered
59 Posts
Gorgeous!

Need to get mine booked in for the PPF/ceramic treatment
I got mine ceramic coated and as this was the first time doing this I was unsure - but definitely worth it. The detailer went to the dealer and did the prep and coating in their garage. So glad he did as he noticed a large score on the front bumper from transport - all sorted at the dealership and the finish is brilliant. Considering the cost of the car, £650 for a ceramic coat was worth it.

1521 - 1540 of 1557 Posts