Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
161 - 180 of 188 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Thanks Edhazell I have contacted Audi Concierge on WhatsApp and they have definitely confirmed that my e-Tron GT is to be built week 42 very relived and happy

·
Registered
26 Posts
Thanks Edhazell I have contacted Audi Concierge on WhatsApp and they have definitely confirmed that my e-Tron GT is to be built week 42 very relived and happy
I thought the concierge service was only for existing Audi EV owners to ask questions about car features amd functions?

·
Registered
47 Posts
So an update from the USA:

My build is complete and my RS GT is heading my way.

The original order went in March 2021. The original build completion was scheduled for September 17th.

On September 18th, Audi updated the system to say the car was “complete” but sitting. Scheduled to be “complete” was now October 8th.

Today everything updated to say it has left the factory and is waiting a shipping spot on the next container ship heading our way.

I even got the VIN number.

So fingers crossed: my eTron RS GT, Year One Edition, Mythos Black will be in my hands in the next thirty days (if not sooner).

·
Registered
26 Posts
So an update from the USA:

My build is complete and my RS GT is heading my way.

The original order went in March 2021. The original build completion was scheduled for September 17th.

On September 18th, Audi updated the system to say the car was “complete” but sitting. Scheduled to be “complete” was now October 8th.

Today everything updated to say it has left the factory and is waiting a shipping spot on the next container ship heading our way.

I even got the VIN number.

So fingers crossed: my eTron RS GT, Year One Edition, Mythos Black will be in my hands in the next thirty days (if not sooner).
Great news!

I also got a response from the whatsapp service confirming that my car will start build next week on 11th Oct. Its a great service.
I believe it takes around 10-15 days to build then another 4-5 weeks for delivery from what I've heard, so Im getting rather excited!

·
Registered
46 Posts
So I got an email from my Lease company today saying "We have been advised by the dealership that the expected delivery date of your new vehicle order has been delayed and is now expected Early April 2022", my assumption is that this was the result of Audi allocating a build date, so I decided to check , however I was told by both the Twitter and Whatsapp teams that their Order Tracker is broken and reporting incorrect information, they are working hard to fix it and I should contact them next week when everything is sorted... I really don't care if the car is now turning up in April rather than January, at least it will have a build date, but boy will I be pissed if next week they tell me it still doesn't have one :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Bit of a strange one, I placed my order through a lease company in early may and was given a provisional but not confirmed build date of week 47 - this has never changed and been the same all the way through - when I have spoken to the lease company and the supplying dealership. I used the WhatsApp Audi concierge earlier this week after seeing it on here and Audi responded by saying that my car was in-fact in build however was delayed due to lack of parts (assume it’s the chip shortage) they advised me to check back in a couple of weeks.. so not sure if this is a mix up or actually true. Will try them again in two weeks and see if there has been any further movement

·
Premium Member
2014 R8 V10 Cabriolet, 2015 RS7
180 Posts
Update on my USA GT Prestige/Performance order. I placed my order in March. It’s gone from an August production date, to an October one, and now to a Jan/Feb delivery. This is all info from my dealer, not directly from Audi. I can’t change any of that, so I try not to get too anxious. The biggest inconvenience for me is trying to time the sale(s) of either or both of the R8 and the RS7.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Update on my USA GT Prestige/Performance order. I placed my order in March. It’s gone from an August production date, to an October one, and now to a Jan/Feb delivery. This is all info from my dealer, not directly from Audi. I can’t change any of that, so I try not to get too anxious. The biggest inconvenience for me is trying to time the sale(s) of either or both of the R8 and the RS7.
Ouch.

So shortly after I was notified by my dealer that the car was released for transport, Audi sent me an email saying the same thing:

Font Screenshot Parallel Number Circle

The crazy part is I didn’t register for this notification, and STEP 1 and STEP 2 never triggered an email.

So now I wonder if I will get updates for STEP 4 and STEP 5!

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
Ouch.

So shortly after I was notified by my dealer that the car was released for transport, Audi sent me an email saying the same thing:

View attachment 2882

The crazy part is I didn’t register for this notification, and STEP 1 and STEP 2 never triggered an email.

So now I wonder if I will get updates for STEP 4 and STEP 5!
Yeah, the RS production schedule has been different. I don’t see it as “ouch.” Is what it is. I waited forever for my RS7 (mostly because of Daytona Matte paint). My R8, spec’ed almost exactly the way I wanted it, fell into my lap when a customer over in Atlanta canceled their order. I waited exactly 5 days for it.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Yeah, the RS production schedule has been different. I don’t see it as “ouch.” Is what it is. I waited forever for my RS7 (mostly because of Daytona a matte paint). My R8, spec’ed almost exactly the way I wanted it, fell into my lap when a customer over in Atlanta canceled their order. I waited exactly 5 days for it.
Understood. My local Audi dealer has been amazing. i am currently driving a loaner from them until my car is delivered because I did have to get rid of my Tesla. I tried to time it to the Audi but that was delayed. The dealer did not want me to be car-less so I am driving another Audi until my car is delivered.

It was a nice gesture, especially considering they simply do not have inventory right now to sell. Giving me one for two months when they could be selling it was a nice gesture.

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
Understood. My local Audi dealer has been amazing. i am currently driving a loaner from them until my car is delivered because I did have to get rid of my Tesla. I tried to time it to the Audi but that was delayed. The dealer did not want me to be car-less so I am driving another Audi until my car is delivered.

It was a nice gesture, especially considering they simply do not have inventory right now to sell. Giving me one for two months when they could be selling it was a nice gesture.
That’s a good thing to hear. It’s great when a dealer takes good care of you. The dealer from which I ordered my GT is new to me, a newer and smaller dealership than my previous ones. I began taking my 7 and 8 there for service this year, and I have been very happy with both their Sales & Service teams. It’s a quality place and that starts with the GM, with whom I got to spend a lot of time. Yesterday, I spent a large part of the day driving the 8 with the top down on a 73-degree sunny fall day, listening to that V10. There’s not much to complain about, except perhaps California gas prices when driving an exceptionally thirsty car. ;)

·
Registered
3 Posts

Interesting and very good customer service. Did you say in another thread you were in MD? If yes, do you mind me asking if this was Rockville or Frederick? I've bought Audi's from both since I am in Clarksburg but your answer may tip me towards one or the other.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yesterday, I spent a large part of the day driving the 8 with the top down on a 73-degree sunny fall day, listening to that V10. There’s not much to complain about, except perhaps California gas prices when driving an exceptionally thirsty car. ;)
I'll be doing that over the next couple of months as I move from my current A6 to the GT. Although, I don't have the gas consumption issues you do... My excellent 3.0T gets 34+mpg ever since it was tuned. Just incredible. 34mpg out of a supercharged engine that produces 445hp.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Interesting and very good customer service. Did you say in another thread you were in MD? If yes, do you mind me asking if this was Rockville or Frederick? I've bought Audi's from both since I am in Clarksburg but your answer may tip me towards one or the other.
Frederick. The team can be frustrating in their ability to return emails, but the General Manager (Chris) is amazing and has ensured we were taken care of very well for the last decade. While I have owned Tesla’s, my wife has owned Audi over that time frame.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hey all

So I've been advised that my car has been built and is now on its way to the leasing companies delivery partners.

Does anyone know how long it normally takes for actual delivery to customer after build completion?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey all

So I've been advised that my car has been built and is now on its way to the leasing companies delivery partners.

Does anyone know how long it normally takes for actual delivery to customer after build completion?
That’s great news, I can’t answer your question but weren’t you expecting your car at the end of November? - which suggests that maybe Audi are getting ahead of their backlog of orders..

·
Registered
26 Posts
That’s great news, I can’t answer your question but weren’t you expecting your car at the end of November? - which suggests that maybe Audi are getting ahead of their backlog of orders..
Yes I was, so was VERY surprised by the update today. Im guessing delivery could still be back end of Nov if it takes 6 weeks from build date, but absolutely no idea!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Further update. Looks like car will be at dealers early Nov at the latest for PDI. Once PDI done, they will call to arrange delivery.

Im hopeful that car gets delivered by mid Nov...

161 - 180 of 188 Posts