Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Yes there are too many bugs. Lane assist in particular is dangerous in it's current state. The other bugs are inconvenient but because some of them take the drivers attention away from the road they could also be considered a danger.

The car has been available in the u.k. for a year and Audi have done nothing in that time to address any of the problems and have failed to officially communicate to existing owners what they intend. All there have been is "we're working on it" emails to individuals who have complained. They have announced new software for vehicles coming off the production line later this year but who knows what it will fix and what new issues it will bring. Their record is poor. No clear indication either of whether it will be retro fitted to existing vehicles.

I wish I could be more positive.

·
Registered
67 Posts
There are many bugs without a doubt

The software bullshit that appears on the dash on a regular basis (I had a "Headlight auto level failure" just today that disappeared after a restart) are annoying at best & distracting at worst.

Its a shame because if you take what are essentially small issues that should be easy to fix & consider this back to what cars used to be considered for, this is actually a very good car. Nice to drive, efficient enough, looks nice & is competitively priced.

Ironically, the software issues they need to fix could mostly be dealt with purely by giving us the option to turn them off until a later date when a proper fix is found. I have no time for lane assist, data privacy messages & Audi sense thinking its better than me at assessing what is in front of the vehicle at any given time.

I remember years ago having Stop/Start coded permanently off in my Z4 & wonder if the same could be done here.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts