Audi E-Tron Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wondering is the wall mount, for the charger, easy to install or need professional installation. I am thinking of buying it, but the charger will be shipped middle of next month and that will be too late since I have scheduled a professional electrician to come and install a NEMA 14-50 outlet in my garage this week.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I don't have the wall mount for the charger, but I use the charger everyday and had the electrician install the circuit in the garage. I am thinking f getting another charger (ChargePoint) as it is more reliable and gives more information than the standard Audi charger. It seems that the holder is easy to install.

·
Registered
74 Posts
If you're planning on getting the wall charger I would recommend to have it installed by a professional. It makes things better so that your home wiring can handle it without issues.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If you're planning on getting the wall charger I would recommend to have it installed by a professional. It makes things better so that your home wiring can handle it without issues.
Thanks. I am wondering if I need additional charger or the one that came with the car is sufficient. Although someone said that additional charger would be helpful. Just wondering. Not too many data points are available.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't have the wall mount for the charger, but I use the charger everyday and had the electrician install the circuit in the garage. I am thinking f getting another charger (ChargePoint) as it is more reliable and gives more information than the standard Audi charger. It seems that the holder is easy to install.
Thanks a lot. I am also wondering if I need a new charger.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I installed the 14-50 circuit and outlet myself. No issues if you know what you're doing.
As for the Audi charger - I don't see what shortcomings people are perceiving. I don't see what "more information" a third-party charger provides that I need to know.
Just my $0.02

1 - 6 of 6 Posts