Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting washer fluid error message every time the car boots up.
Two times I have reported this error to KENDALL AUDI of Anchorage and 2 times they
stated "we found no problem" but the error message persists.
This is maddening. Last service check they filled the reservoir up and the message went
away for 2 days then came back.
I think there is a broken sensor or the tank has a slow leak.
The Service Department should fix this.
Massively annoying that an $85,000 car has this stupid error.
(I have seen this error reported on other AUDI cars for many years into the past.)

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
You are probably low on washer fluid. This is a software problem. Similar to you, early on in my ownership, I was surprised to find the fluid warning alert coming on when I know I had barely EVER used the washers. Be persistent with your Audi Service. When I first took it in they were puzzled until they actually talked to one of their Audi E tron Technicians (yes, the E tron has "technicians", not "mechanics"). Only he was aware of the issue. I was told that an error in the software caused the washers to dispense 10x the correct amount of fluid. They updated the software and refilled the reservoir.

·
Registered
10 Posts
You are probably low on washer fluid. This is a software problem. Similar to you, early on in my ownership, I was surprised to find the fluid warning alert coming on when I know I had barely EVER used the washers. Be persistent with your Audi Service. When I first took it in they were puzzled until they actually talked to one of their Audi E tron Technicians (yes, the E tron has "technicians", not "mechanics"). Only he was aware of the issue. I was told that an error in the software caused the washers to dispense 10x the correct amount of fluid. They updated the software and refilled the reservoir.
Thanks foe these posts. I’m having the same problem here in Toronto. Took it in to the dealership for service and they couldn’t find a problem. I’ve send them this info and hope they can fix this soon.

·
Registered
2019 Audi eTron Prestige, 2019 Audi eTron Premium Plus, 2019 Audi Q5 Premium Plus, 87 Saleen Mustang
206 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thanks foe these posts. I’m having the same problem here in Toronto. Took it in to the dealership for service and they couldn’t find a problem. I’ve send them this info and hope they can fix this soon.
I took my e-tron in this week with the Audi Technical Service Bulletin (TSB) #A9120532053997_3 in hand. They fixed the windshield washer fluid problem. All good now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts