Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Very heavy rain. Car was parked on slight downgrade. So nose of car was pointed nose down about 2-5 degrees. I found the puddle of water on floor first on drivers side. Then upon further investigation I saw the leaks from sunroof controls area on headliner. I took a video of it to show the dealer on monday. It's very disappointing.

Audiworld forums has a whole thread of several owners with same problem.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi can you share your lawyer info. I have same issue and unkown date for part to come back

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi can you share your lawyer info. I have same issue and unkown date for part to come back
Timothy J. Abeel, Jr., Esq.
Partner
Phone 888-830-1474
Fax 888-979-8403
Email [email protected]
Website www.timothyabeel.com

Make sure you take video and pictures. The second time it happened I found a wet spot near sun visor pax side. So I took my hose and did the test my self. No nozzle. Just running water. After 5 mins, water was basically pouring into cabin from sunroof control and it founds it way to the floor on both sides. Good luck.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thank you so much for sharing it too me!! Do you know how many days it took for you to won this case? Do you also include any other issue?
I had license plate light fault and rear light fault sign appear on 2nd day I got my car but they replace it!! Do mind sharing your case in detail!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
John, it took about a month. I did include other issues also. Rear fault light was one of them. I also had issues with the rotors. But the water leak is what won the case. Call the office and talk to Gracie. She’s great.
The key is to keep taking it in for service for the water leak. Audi doesn’t have a fix for it. I got some BS on some technical bulletin that came out, which didn’t fix it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I took it to service center for water leak and they keep my car for 5 days and order part from Germany with unknown date to arrive. I asked them to give me car loaner while waiting for part but they don’t want to do that and told me car is safe to drive! Thank you for reply

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I took it to service center for water leak and they keep my car for 5 days and order part from Germany with unknown date to arrive. I asked them to give me car loaner while waiting for part but they don’t want to do that and told me car is safe to drive! Thank you for reply
I would try another dealer. That's not proper procedure. The car has to be in the shop of a total of 21 days for multiple issues. I had my car at 2 diff dealers. Tim, from the law firm will tell you drop it off for service. Do the water test yourself. Bottomline, don't take no for an answer. Water leaking into car is not safe. I had a absurd amount of water all over my console and floor the 2nd time.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I’m in the same position with my etron. Car was in at the dealer for about 2 weeks waiting for some updated part from Germany to fix the sunroof leak. Took the car back home after the fix and for 2 weeks everything was fine till yesterday when I had water leaking both from my light dome area and also down the right side pilar. I guess their updated part didn’t fix my leaking sunroof issue. Now let’s see what the next fix will be :). I’ve owned the car for about 10 months and been to my local dealer about 5 times already

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I’m in the same position with my etron. Car was in at the dealer for about 2 weeks waiting for some updated part from Germany to fix the sunroof leak. Took the car back home after the fix and for 2 weeks everything was fine till yesterday when I had water leaking both from my light dome area and also down the right side pilar. I guess their updated part didn’t fix my leaking sunroof issue. Now let’s see what the next fix will be :). I’ve owned the car for about 10 months and been to my local dealer about 5 times already
Guys,

I would rally urge you to contact same attorney I used. He specializes in lemon law. It's a flawed design. I was told the drainage design was not sufficient for heavy rain. Do your own water test. Good luck.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Did you meet standard lemon criteria for your state? (days in shop or service attempts)
Yes, before I contacted attorney I verified I had a good chance to win the case. Key is to just keep returning vehicle to service. I had over the required 21 days. It was probably around 25-30 days total.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Gee, I've pretty much kept my car parked in a garage for any prolonged period. Now I'm afraid to park it in the rain!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts