Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve owned my Etron for just over a year and am suddenly discovering a water puddle in the passenger footwell every time it rains. Is anyone ele having this problem? Will obviously discuss with dealer but wondered if it was simply a case of checking drain holes under the bonnet or similar.

·
Registered
Audi eTron 55 2020. Jaguar iPace HSE 2019.
137 Posts
Does your car have an opening sunroof? If so the drain channels might be blocked so when it rains the water overflows and runs down inside the trim.

·
Registered
1 Posts
This is a known issue and has been reported by multiple e-tron owners, at least in the US. Please see link below:

·
Registered
11 Posts
This is a known issue and has been reported by multiple e-tron owners, at least in the US. Please see link below:

Timothy J. Abeel, Jr., Esq.
Partner
Phone 888-830-1474
Fax 888-979-8403
Email [email protected]
Website www.timothyabeel.com

Call them.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I’ve owned my Etron for just over a year and am suddenly discovering a water puddle in the passenger footwell every time it rains. Is anyone ele having this problem? Will obviously discuss with dealer but wondered if it was simply a case of checking drain holes under the bonnet or similar.
Hi just joined the forum and saw your post on water ingress on passenger side.Had an Etron launch edition for 2 months car is six months old After heavy rainfall last night I got in the car to see water trickling down the plastic and pooling on the carpet.Gutted to say the least now worried it will cause further issues down the line when the warranty has expired.Please could you tell me how you got on ?
Our car going into Audi Stockport tomorrow can’t say I’m confident after all I’ve read on the pan roof leaking issues.
Cheers Paul

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi just joined the forum and saw your post on water ingress on passenger side.Had an Etron launch edition for 2 months car is six months old After heavy rainfall last night I got in the car to see water trickling down the plastic and pooling on the carpet.Gutted to say the least now worried it will cause further issues down the line when the warranty has expired.Please could you tell me how you got on ?
Our car going into Audi Stockport tomorrow can’t say I’m confident after all I’ve read on the pan roof leaking issues.
Cheers Paul
I will repeat guys.. please do not put up with this defect and let Audi get away with us being testers for a 80K car.
I used Lemon Law...worked out smoother then I ever imagined. Make sure you keep taking car in for service and do your own water test with no nozzle.
Timothy J. Abeel, Jr., Esq.
Partner
Phone 888-830-1474
Fax 888-979-8403
Email [email protected]
Website www.timothyabeel.com

·
Registered
5 Posts
Cheers Paul
Hi Paul
Our Launch Edition is in Audi Stockport today. We got in to the car last night and the pooling was ridiculous in the passenger footwell, dripping down the plastic in the footwells on both sides. Roof panel is soaking wet and water stained. It's a bit of a mess to say the least. How did you get on?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Paul
Our Launch Edition is in Audi Stockport today. We got in to the car last night and the pooling was ridiculous in the passenger footwell, dripping down the plastic in the footwells on both sides. Roof panel is soaking wet and water stained. It's a bit of a mess to say the least. How did you get on?
Hi good to hear I’m not alone and your local!
They had mine for just a day and it’s ready for tomorrow I will get a hose on it for a few hours and see if it’s fixed .
I think we could work together and have more clout if we team up if we both have further issues .
I’ve asked for written paperwork saying the leak is fixed ?
My number is 07989 340923 if you want to speak to me at any point.
NIGHMARE!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi good to hear I’m not alone and your local!
They had mine for just a day and it’s ready for tomorrow I will get a hose on it for a few hours and see if it’s fixed .
I think we could work together and have more clout if we team up if we both have further issues .
I’ve asked for written paperwork saying the leak is fixed ?
My number is 07989 340923 if you want to speak to me at any point.
NIGHMARE!!
If it's anything like mine I'm surprised they've got it back to you in a day... I am anticipating them needing to do something with the carpets and the staining on the roof panel- which wasn't obvious at first, will definitely need sorting. I'll take your number down and let you know how we get on too... it's not on for a car like these. This is the second time in a couple of months ours has been back to dealer - it's not got 6000 miles on it yet!

·
Registered
4 Posts
If it's anything like mine I'm surprised they've got it back to you in a day... I am anticipating them needing to do something with the carpets and the staining on the roof panel- which wasn't obvious at first, will definitely need sorting. I'll take your number down and let you know how we get on too... it's not on for a car like these. This is the second time in a couple of months ours has been back to dealer - it's not got 6000 miles on it yet!
Great Alison we can support each other through the process.What was yours in for at first?
There is a recall on rear light and charge point that they have also sorted.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Great Alison we can support each other through the process.What was yours in for at first?
There is a recall on rear light and charge point that they have also sorted.
Update on the Etron after going in to Audi Stockport.They changed wind deflector and seals I water tested with hose over night and all good bone dry .

·
Registered
5 Posts
Update on the Etron after going in to Audi Stockport.They changed wind deflector and seals I water tested with hose over night and all good bone dry .
Fab. Glad all is working out well for you. I've yet to have an updated but in fairness ours was recovered so they might not have had a chance to look at it yet. I'll keep you updated!

·
Registered
5 Posts
So mine went in and similar to everyone else wind deflector and seals changed. Had been dried out but by the time we went to collect it, it had sat out overnight and was wet again. So, Audi think it's the drainage ducts and are looking at it again... Keep you updated! :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts