Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2021 eTron / 20 X3M
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is always my favorite thread on other car forums, haven't seen one for the eTron yet.

What did you do to your eTron today? Wash it? Mods? Took a trip? Let us know!

Today, I am going to give my baby its first wash.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I just pumped up my tires to 40psi in the front and 42psi in the back. I had my snows removed yesterday at the dealership and if they adjusted the tire psi to the correct settings, the tires lost 4-5 psi overnight from being stored in their warm storage to my 45º garage. I glad to be back on the good looking 21" wheels.
While I drove about 1/3 less miles this winter vs. last winter I did get about a 5% increase range with the 19" snow tires.

·
Registered
Blue Etron 2019
45 Posts
Yesterday got home from a trip. Charge finished this morning... So I claim this qualifies as today.

When we left on a trip on Wednesday, the GOM on a full charge was 190 miles.

When I recharged overnight after 300+ road trip miles over three days (with two charge en route), the GOM on a full charge was 212 miles.

The first GOM low rating is explainable by lots of short trips, waiting in drive up lines with the climate control running, and such what.

156 miles at 38.5 kWh/100miles (or 2.60 miles per kWh) helps the GOM's opinion. As does 151 miles at 43.8 kWh/100miles (mostly in rain).

Both recharge kWh as measured by my EVSE and consumption calculated kWh point to about 79kWh actual battery capacity. This is down about 5-6% from the 83.6 kWh from new. As the car is about 2 years old, and the first 5% is usually lost faster, this is about what I expected.

Miles * kWh/100miles / charge percentage should be actual battery capacity
kWh from charge station * charging efficiency / charge percentage should also be actual battery capacity.

Over a mountain pass both legs of the trip. In the rain, most of the first leg of the trip. Driving for efficiency most of the time. Mostly speed limit or just a bit over it. Easy on acceleration, let the car coast as much as reasonable.

Climbing the pass, I got a warning from the MMI nav that the destination was out of range. We got home with 18%. Silly GOM doesn't realize I'm not climbing a pass the whole way home.

Please, Audi, an altitude aware GOM.

·
Registered
658 Posts
I just pumped up my tires to 40psi in the front and 42psi in the back. I had my snows removed yesterday at the dealership and if they adjusted the tire psi to the correct settings, the tires lost 4-5 psi overnight from being stored in their warm storage to my 45º garage. I glad to be back on the good looking 21" wheels.
While I drove about 1/3 less miles this winter vs. last winter I did get about a 5% increase range with the 19" snow tires.
I did exactly the same thing last week. The 21" tires definitely look smarter than the 19" winter tires. I do notice the slightly firmer ride with the 21" (and a bit more road noise). Normally, I use the Individual Driving mode with the suspension set to Sport. Have you you made any adjustments to you suspension/etc settings after switching to the 21"?

·
Registered
52 Posts
I did exactly the same thing last week. The 21" tires definitely look smarter than the 19" winter tires. I do notice the slightly firmer ride with the 21" (and a bit more road noise). Normally, I use the Individual Driving mode with the suspension set to Sport. Have you you made any adjustments to you suspension/etc settings after switching to the 21"?
I usually keep the etron in auto mode unless I know I'll be driving on hilly and curvy back roads.
After reading an article on the Tire Rack website I added 6psi extra in the snow tires this past winter. I normally added 2-3psi in the winter, but the article recommended 5psi extra to take away that soft, mushy feel you get with snow tires. I didn't notice too much of a difference in the quick ride back home with the 21" wheels back on.

·
Registered
2021 etron premium plus, florett silver black optic
3 Posts
swapped out for black rings. First time doing it but it was super easy even the rear, it took dental floss to get under it, an old credit card to pry it up and off and picked off all the adhesive with my fingers. Didn’t even need goo gone.
8645A02B-8F4C-4AA5-AD83-865337B29FE3.jpeg

·
Registered
2021 etron premium plus, florett silver black optic
3 Posts
I bought them from an Audi dealership online - Mattie Audi in Fall River, MA but a lot of them have the part. I'm leasing so I was OK paying a bit of a premium for an Audi part rather than third party. Comes with both front and back rings. The part # is: ZAW098010ABDSP

·
Registered
40 Posts
Had squeaky front brake TSB applied! So far so good. TSB 2056700/3 for those interested.

Brakes were crazy squeaky at low speed, backing out of driveway, pulling into garage, pulling up to anywhere. Only a few days in with the new pads and sensors up front, but very very quiet.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts