Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2019 E-Tron
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was charging my 2019 Etron overnight on a timed charge (finish by 5 AM). When I went into the garage around 10 am, the next morning the aux A/C was running and had a message "Over Run Active" on the MMI. The EV was charged as requested. Having the AC running without asking is troublesome.

Does anyone know what this means ("Over Run Active") and thoughts on why the AUX A/C would turn on automatically when not requested?

Joe

·
Registered
360 Posts
I was charging my 2019 Etron overnight on a timed charge (finish by 5 AM). When I went into the garage around 10 am, the next morning the aux A/C was running and had a message "Over Run Active" on the MMI. The EV was charged as requested. Having the AC running without asking is troublesome.

Does anyone know what this means ("Over Run Active") and thoughts on why the AUX A/C would turn on automatically when not requested?

Joe
Have you checked that you have not got a timer set anywhere for the A/C - either in the app or on the car itself? Or if you were using the timer for the charging, check that there is not now a switch that asks the car to climatise it at same time.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts

Joe
Was your battery at the targeted State of Charge, or had the aux A/C drained some of the charge?

·
Registered
2019 E-Tron
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Have you checked that you have not got a timer set anywhere for the A/C - either in the app or on the car itself? Or if you were using the timer for the charging, check that there is not now a switch that asks the car to climatise it at same time.
Yes. I did check the SV for the climate setting and it wasn't set. I didn't check the Audi App.
Will see if does it again. I suspect the system started the AC without asking. A bug maybe. It gets pretty hot here in Arizona, so was thinking that maybe there is an automatic climate control on the SV to prevent overheating in the garage. Be nice to have a list of all the Audi messages and their meaning.
Thanks for the response and suggestion.
Joe

·
Registered
360 Posts
I've just looked on the app and in the timer settings section, there is a switch for Electric climate control. It might be that this is selected as on?

·
Registered
2019 E-Tron
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've just looked on the app and in the timer settings section, there is a switch for Electric climate control. It might be that this is selected as on?
Yes, I see it in the App also. Turned off now. Maybe it was set by accident.

On a trip last week, I could get the EV to charge past 50%, I was thinking it was the Electrify America charger network, but turned out the setting in the car was set to 50%. Not sure how it got changed. Maybe it was me, but I don't think so. But maybe. Sort of like the hatch opening at times all by itself. And I am wondering if the FOB key is gett pressed accidentally (twice) in my pocket. I bought a FOB cover to try and eliminate this possibility.

·
Registered
2019 E-Tron
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Was your battery at the targeted State of Charge, or had the aux A/C drained some of the charge?
The battery was at the designated level or was very close to 100%. I didn't actually look at the percentage. But miles were at 200. So the Aux AC didn't seemed to drain it very much if any

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Had you at any point gone out to the car with the fob and done anything that involved opening and closing the door, prior to you noticing this message? I know there is a setting where you can have the A/C start when you open the door.

·
Registered
2019 Audi eTron Prestige, 2019 Audi eTron Premium Plus, 2019 Audi Q5 Premium Plus, 87 Saleen Mustang
206 Posts
I recently discovered and activated a feature where the AC will start as soon as I unlock the door. It's getting hot here in LA so it's nice to get the cabin a chance to start cooling off before getting in.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts