Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2020 e-tron 50 Sport Grey with roof rails, privacy glass, storage.
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I have had my e-tron for about 3 weeks now, and until today I've only done very short (and hence inefficient) journies. My avergae efficiency has been 1.6 miles / Kwh.

Today I did a 20 mile journey and got 2.3 m / Kwh.

Also, I suspect I am still driving it like I drove my previous diesel car and I will get better at driving more efficiently.

What efficiency are you getting on longer journeys? TIA.

·
Registered
e-tron 50 technik
260 Posts
A couple of weeks ago I did an 80mile round trip from Wakefield to Sheffield via Batley on the way back. In my etron 50 Technik.
It was approx 3 degrees ambient temp.
Climate control was set to auto at 20degrees (which periodically turns AC on when the cars wants to).
Mostly motorway, my cruise speed was 77mph, where traffic allowed. A sprinkling of city and town driving here and there too.
Efficiency mode on the motorway, dynamic everywhere else. Used the pace of the car to get around some slower traffic on a couple of occasions.
I acheived 2.3m/kWh. i.e. 149 mile range

This weekend I went to Doncaster, 75mile round trip. Warmer, 6-8degrees but wet and windy.
Again, auto climate control set to 20.
Mostly motorway, cruising at around 75mph.
Efficiency mode for the whole journey.
Achieved 2.1m/kWh i.e 136 mile range

I was a little suprised at the Doncaster trip efficiency as it was warmer than the Sheffield trip so I expected a better result, but the weather was ropey (and it was almost all motorway).
I drove it 'normally' as I would any other car. Cruising at 70+mph is easy for the e-tron even in colder temperatures.

A bit like a diesel (or any ICE), the car is inefficient until it has warmed up. It seems to take 10-15 minutes worth of driving to get up to optimal temperature (anyone got a OBD to confirm?) then you'll achieve the better m/kWh results.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I am getting 1.5-2.0 on short trips and 2.3 to 3.0 on longer trips. Details below:

Short:
1.6m/KwH @ 3m @ 27min = 134 miles (using 83.6KW battery calculation)

Shorter is in winter weather, with car set to 21 degrees and pre-heated via the App to reach this temperature before departure (no cable plugged in), including glass surfaces.

Longer:
2.0m/kWH @ 13m @ 49min = 167

Longer is in winter weather, with car set to 20.5 degrees (no aircon), driving around (relatively) free flowing London traffic.

Longest: 2.6m/kWH @ 71m @ 3:09hr = 217miles.

Mixed motorway driving, including heavy parts of traffic.

Reactions: Mjwright

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks everyone. I think I'll stop worryung about my driving technique!

·
Registered
2020 e-tron Sportback First Edition
8 Posts
Hi. I am getting between 3.4 and 4.4 km/kWh. I drive the Sportback and live in Tokyo where the temperature has ranged from around 8 to 20 degrees C. I've only had the car since October.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hi all. As expected (after initial pre-lease research) the efficiency is pretty poor, but offset with the comfort, size, build & in my case monthly cost of the e-tron 50 Technik. I've had mine for nearly 4 months and covered 3,370 and my long-term from day 1 is currently 2.5 mi/kWh - I did get as high as 2.9 briefly in early September, but then it has slowly dropped as the cold weather started and road trips were ruled out in favour of daily 22 mile round-trip commute along the South Coast of England. On the motorways & A-roads back from Ascot to home on Tuesday I drove 75 miles in 1:25h averaging 53 mph and this achieved 2.3 mi/kWh, but I was pleased as I'd added 30% battery for free at Ionity Cobham on the outward leg (cha-ching free vend!)

·
Registered
55 Posts
I live in Wisconsin and after one year of ownership here is my efficiency report. I reset the long term memory with the change of seasons, starting about 2 weeks earlier last winter (12/9/19 delivery date). Mileage is around 8K with 2.8k of it pre-covid (before 3/20). Best consumption - 3.0 during the summer

12/9/19 - 3/19/20 - 2.0 kWh/mi
3/20/20 - 6/19/20 - 2.5 kWh/mi
6/20/20 - 9/21/20 - 2.6 kWh/mi
9/22/20 - 12/16/20 - 2.3 kWh/mi

·
Registered
12 Posts
I am at about 14 months on my quattro (10/31/2019 Delivery). I am generally seeing about 2.3 mi/kWh on average. On longer trips where I drive conservatively (Efficiency mode <75 mph) I have seen as high as 2.6 and in adverse conditions (headwind, cooler temps) it has dropped to around 2.0.

FYI, I like the added significant digit I see when using kWh/100 miles, so I leave it set there. The range is usually between 41.0-42.0, with the best having been 38.0 and the worst around 50.0 kWh/100 Miles.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I live in Wisconsin and after one year of ownership here is my efficiency report. I reset the long term memory with the change of seasons, starting about 2 weeks earlier last winter (12/9/19 delivery date). Mileage is around 8K with 2.8k of it pre-covid (before 3/20). Best consumption - 3.0 during the summer

12/9/19 - 3/19/20 - 2.0 kWh/mi
3/20/20 - 6/19/20 - 2.5 kWh/mi
6/20/20 - 9/21/20 - 2.6 kWh/mi
9/22/20 - 12/16/20 - 2.3 kWh/mi
Wow! Let's hope they are typo's.

:)

·
Registered
55 Posts
Yes, I had a senior moment -
12/9/19 - 3/19/20 - 2.0 mi/kWh
3/20/20 - 6/19/20 - 2.5 mi/kWh
6/20/20 - 9/21/20 - 2.6 mi/kWh
9/22/20 - 12/21/20 - 2.3 mi/kWh

I'm running on 19" wheels this winter vs. the 21" last winter - hoping for better range on a charge.

Reactions: Joe

·
Registered
41 Posts
2.1 to 2.5 for most of our little treks. The RAV4 Prime we just evaluated was a little over 2.6 for EV driving, obviously much lighter PHEV vehicle.

·
Registered
2019 e-tron prestige
279 Posts
Averaging 2.1 day-to-day in mixed driving, about 15 miles each way.

2.6 when feeling zen and the car has had a chance to warm up. I've seen as low as 1.7 when driving fast on the highway.

@Carsplain You had a RAV4 Prime test drive? Would you be interested in starting a thread on that? Very curious...

·
Registered
4 Posts
My data point: I have 2,100 miles on my 2019 E55, leased new n August 2020 and am averaging 2.18 mi/kWh. Suburban driving, mixture of streets and highways in mild temperature conditions in San Diego area. Tires are 20 inch Goodyear Eagle GT.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Did my first long motorway (freeway) drive yesterday. 150 mile round trip. I got 2.4 miles per kWh which I was pretty pleased with seeing as though I had 3 adults and 2 kids with me plus some luggage (our 'bubble').

On my etron 50 this gave me an effective range of about 155 to 160 miles on 100% charge. I guess I would have got slightly more in a more empty vehicle. I stuck to the speed limit or just below and drove in efficiency mode.

I parked up for about 70 mins on a 22kW charger and this added about 30 miles in that time. (£6! Although it would only have been £4.50 if I stayed for under an hour). I was hoping for a bit more range to be added in that time but that gave me just enough 'comfort' to get home with 20% battery remaining (about 30 miles).

It makes a lovely smooth drive. Overall I'm pleased with my choice. Of course the 55 would have been better for range but I couldn't justify the price for the number of times I think I'll do these longer trips. It was also my first time using a public charger and it was no hassle at all. I had planned on zap map and made sure I had already downloaded and set up the relevant app for payment first.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts