Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It does not appear to function yet but I'm curious as to what will be made of it, once it is working. Would it be crazy, to think they might offer some lighting features in the interior and exterior, that Audi e-tron premium trim owners skipped out on originally? I just got a premium entry trim e-Tron and love it but I'm coming from Mercedes and am finding myself missing the interior lighting that I had from that vehicle, does anyone think it will be possible to add in the future via "purchases app" or any other way that is not "black market"? I apologize in advance if this information is already available, I've looked but can't seem to find any answers

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
In part that would depend on how the car is equipped. If the lighting fixtures are not even installed, it is hard to imagine that been offered as a subscription service. The latest version of the LED adaptive headlights, I understand, are installed on all 2021 models, even in the US, but are limited by current US law to the standard "bright/dim" operation. In Europe the full blown LED system can be obtained via the subscription service. I assume that, if the USA finally gets around to approving the adaptive LED headlights, this upgrade will become available in the US via subscription also.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hi. In the UK we can purchase features via the myAudi app (functions on demand) minimum of monthly up to unlimited for various costs. 3 options for me with basic spec e-tron 50 are park assist (hands-free parking) matrix lighting (upgrade from standard LED with individual diodes controlled by car & sweep style direction indicators) this is not the new matrix lighting with Audi logo etc & final option is called light package which uses the 4 lines at side of main headlight unit for corners & when opening/closing the car when dark the red line on tailgate sweeps from middle to full width & the reverse when locking car up (looks good but more money)

·
Registered
14 Posts
I wonder how long before ICarly or another coding company release a device to unlock everything and more power arrives 🤔

·
Registered
2019 Audi eTron Prestige, 2019 Audi eTron Premium Plus, 2019 Audi Q5 Premium Plus, 87 Saleen Mustang
206 Posts

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Yes, I read something about Audi's thinking on the Function on Demand strategy just today. Supposedly, it is geared more towards the used car market. Generally, you will purchase a car with all the features you want and they will be permanently part of the car. If, however, you decide later that you really want a feature that you did not get at the time of purchase, or if you find it is missing in a used car you want to purchase, then FoD will allow you to get that feature by a purchase or subscription program. Again, supposedly, the idea is NOT about shackling all Audi car buyers into paying for their cars indefinitely.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts