Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone here already have a clever license plate for their e-Tron? Anyone getting one? Let's gather and post all the custom e-Tron plates here.

Also, I'd love to hear ideas on a clever plate, so please share any great ideas.

I saw on Twitter that this e-Tron owner has "MODEL X" for their license plate. Maybe they are confused? Lol.

WATTSUP everyone ?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Our "His and Hers" white e-trons will be "HANSELZ" and "GRETELZ."
My '97 GM EV-1 was tagged "ELECTR5" and had a license plate frame that said, "Look Ma! No Tailpipe!"

·
Registered
7 Posts
Here's another one for the collection......
IMG_1389.jpg

Range-wise, averaging around 1 actual mile per 1 mile of range.

Protocol: 80% charge regime (giving between 200 - 215 miles of range), efficiency drive mode, Auto energy assistance Charge Mode, Active Cruise Control 99% of the time combined with regen braking on the paddle, no more than 5mph above stated speed limit.

Also have a 2014 BMW i3 REX, had it over 3 years now, our introduction to EVs, would not want to be without an i3 in our garage. Great design, great car, looking for a 2019 CPO i3 REX.

If you bought an EV to tear *rse up the road, good for you. We prefer the serenity. But still tear *rse when prompted!

Happy EVing.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Here's another one for the collection...... View attachment 277

Range-wise, averaging around 1 actual mile per 1 mile of range.

Protocol: 80% charge regime (giving between 200 - 215 miles of range), efficiency drive mode, Auto energy assistance Charge Mode, Active Cruise Control 99% of the time combined with regen braking on the paddle, no more than 5mph above stated speed limit.

Also have a 2014 BMW i3 REX, had it over 3 years now, our introduction to EVs, would not want to be without an i3 in our garage. Great design, great car, looking for a 2019 CPO i3 REX.

If you bought an EV to tear *rse up the road, good for you. We prefer the serenity. But still tear *rse when prompted!

Happy EVing.
Now that's a great looking plate! Did you get yours before getting your e-tron?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Anyone here already have a clever license plate for their e-Tron? Anyone getting one? Let's gather and post all the custom e-Tron plates here.

Also, I'd love to hear ideas on a clever plate, so please share any great ideas.

I saw on Twitter that this e-Tron owner has "MODEL X" for their license plate. Maybe they are confused? Lol.

View attachment 206

WATTSUP everyone ?
Someone probably had a Model X and upgraded to a better SUV 😜

·
Registered
7 Posts
Now that's a great looking plate! Did you get yours before getting your e-tron?
Hi Quattro44, yes, kinda, in Virginia you can reserve a license plate (against an existing vehicle you own) for up to 90 days so when I knew we were going to get the e-tron I went on dmvnow.org to try a few combinations. E-TRON was already taken but not E-TRONIC! Once we had the title in our hands we swapped out the original plate for our e-tron.

The massive heft of the e-tron certainly makes it a comfortable ride and the build quality is vault-like. We've had the vehicle nearly 4 months (110 days), it's spent 28 days back at the dealers. First issue was it quit charging at Level 2, required 2 software updates, issue resolved (10 days). Second issue was it quit on myAudi app. so you could not connect to the car to remotely pull information and locks doors, etc, the whole gamut of what myAudi offers via your smartphone. Took 13 days to semi-resolve, involved replacement of the gateway module and another software update. When I got the car back myAudi still didn't work. Took it back to the dealers after a week of fiddling with the MMI and smartphone, no luck as I could not re-enter the Key Number off the plastic fob you get with the car. They kept it a further 5 days with myself collaborating with the dealer to get the issue fixed. I basically had to explain to them that unless we can re-enter the Key Number there was no way the myAudi app. on the smartphone was going to work. They thought that logging in to the MMI with just myAudi login credentials was going to allow myAudi to talk to the vehicle again. Er, no. Have now had the e-tron back home for nearly two weeks, myAudi app. still working good.

Cheers.

etronic
Suffolk, VA

·
Registered
90 Posts
Hi Quattro44, yes, kinda, in Virginia you can reserve a license plate (against an existing vehicle you own) for up to 90 days so when I knew we were going to get the e-tron I went on dmvnow.org to try a few combinations. E-TRON was already taken but not E-TRONIC! Once we had the title in our hands we swapped out the original plate for our e-tron.

The massive heft of the e-tron certainly makes it a comfortable ride and the build quality is vault-like. We've had the vehicle nearly 4 months (110 days), it's spent 28 days back at the dealers. First issue was it quit charging at Level 2, required 2 software updates, issue resolved (10 days). Second issue was it quit on myAudi app. so you could not connect to the car to remotely pull information and locks doors, etc, the whole gamut of what myAudi offers via your smartphone. Took 13 days to semi-resolve, involved replacement of the gateway module and another software update. When I got the car back myAudi still didn't work. Took it back to the dealers after a week of fiddling with the MMI and smartphone, no luck as I could not re-enter the Key Number off the plastic fob you get with the car. They kept it a further 5 days with myself collaborating with the dealer to get the issue fixed. I basically had to explain to them that unless we can re-enter the Key Number there was no way the myAudi app. on the smartphone was going to work. They thought that logging in to the MMI with just myAudi login credentials was going to allow myAudi to talk to the vehicle again. Er, no. Have now had the e-tron back home for nearly two weeks, myAudi app. still working good.

Cheers.

etronic
Suffolk, VA
I didn't know that about getting a license plate in Virginia. E-TRONIC is a solid choice. I'm glad to hear that things are going smoothly with your e-torn again but my god that is frustrating with what happened.

·
Registered
5 Posts
"ELETTRA" is the Italian spelling of Electra (German Elektra), the Greek mythological character. As a name it means "shining bright."
It is also the name of Ingrid Bergman's granddaughter, and the name of one of the captivating characters in Donna Leon's mystery series set in Venice.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thinking of some good ol’ Murika english:

However, due to state shutdown, the DMV has suspended all personalized plate requests.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Same here, already ordered and paid for mine on March 10 and got a cryptic 5 rows email from CA DMV that I have to wait undetermined time due to COVID19. In the meantime I drive around with a sequential 8POKxxx plate and hope that no one takes it serious and "poke"s my etron 🙃
When I'll finaly get it [hopefully sooner rather than later] it will look like this...😜
20200514_103332.jpg

1 - 12 of 12 Posts