Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all - I'm finally taking delivery of my e-tron on Tuesday and was wondering what I should look out for? There are the obvious things like paintwork, alloys, tyres, to ensure there is no damage etc. But what should I expect to be in the vehicle (my A7 came with a cleaning cloth, for example, and what cables should I look for?) and anything else you have noticed?

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Certainly, make sure you get the Audi charger brick and the two removable cables that come with it. there should also be a set screw and wrench to use to when attaching the cable.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I was not given the right cables in the UK and it took 6 months to resolve. You must check you get both the brick, the Type 2 and then a UK Industrial (aka camp ground head / cable).

Make sure they get it connected for you to the App on the phone and set you up as a key driver - the app is pretty poor (really poor) but is needed to check charge status, set timers, do pre-heating and so on. Make sure you check Apple Car Play (or Android) if required.

Check that if you ordered a tow bar, that it's all there. Check the locking wheel nut and the tyre sealant.

If you care about it (and have it in spec) ask them to show you the "Magic foot" used to open the tail gate. The sensor is really finicky and I can end up kicking a fair few times to get a result, so now generally don't bother!

Check they give you two keys (apparently there's a shortage, if not - get a receipt for another one).

Personally, I'd check the trim under the passenger (and probably driver side) seat where the cables for e.g. heated go. On mine it was not fitted properly and something round got in there causing really annoying underfloor roll.

I'd suggest purchasing rubber floor mats and the rubber/plastic load liner. Bikes, kids and so on can make a mess otherwise.

Phew.

·
Registered
367 Posts
and the rubber/plastic load liner.
Sorry @Electric couple of questions if you dont mind.

I notice that the rubber floor mat in the boot on the audi parts website has ridges on it.

Audi e-tron & e-tron Sportback Semi Rigid Boot Liner (audipartsdirect.co.uk)

How 'deep' are the ridges - I have a dog guard set from Travall in the boot now and wondered if the 'footing' part of the divider (circled) would sit properly if we had the ridges in the boot too?

Also - we have the storage pack, which means we have two little inlets on either side of the boot - does the rubber mat go into this area as well do you know?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Please don't get the Audi cargo liner. It came with mine, and just like the one for my A4, it has absolutely no grip and feels cheap. Get the one from Weathertech instead; it is far superior. That said, the Audi branded all weather floor mats are fine. Not sure why the don't make the cargo liner from the same material.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Bhuna50, I have the Audi mat set In the boot of my 2019 SUV. The ridges are about 3 mm high, 5mm wide, and spaced about 15mm apart. No, the mat does NOT extend into the side pockets. As BeefJerky noted, the mat is fairly hard plastic, so you dog might end up doing a bit of the "slip and slide".

·
Registered
2019 e-tron prestige
303 Posts
I didn't notice the following at our delivery:
  1. brake squeal caused by bad rotors and pads - big issue, likely solved in later models
  2. paint chip on door handle
  3. misaligned interior door trim (couldn't get them to asses it after delivery)
  4. missing $110 Apple USB cables (got some noname replacements)
Our dealer did however set up the MyAudi account correctly, which may have saved some frustration that others had to endure.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks all, some great tips here! I'm fine with most of the above, but it's probably the cables which worry me the most! Does anyone have any photos of what it should come with?

·
Registered
367 Posts
Thanks all, some great tips here! I'm fine with most of the above, but it's probably the cables which worry me the most! Does anyone have any photos of what it should come with?
this video helps show what cables you get.

·
Registered
e-tron 50 technik
273 Posts
Hi all - I'm finally taking delivery of my e-tron on Tuesday and was wondering what I should look out for? There are the obvious things like paintwork, alloys, tyres, to ensure there is no damage etc. But what should I expect to be in the vehicle (my A7 came with a cleaning cloth, for example, and what cables should I look for?) and anything else you have noticed?
Exciting times!

Check that both charge ports open and close successfully. With the car unlocked you press the charge port button once, it should open. Press again and it should close. Its a motorised door so you shouldn't need to do anything other than press the button.
If you have a home charger then I suggest testing that both charge ports actually work, if you have the time and the delivery driver affords you 5 or 10 minutes to check.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I was not given the right cables in the UK and it took 6 months to resolve. You must check you get both the brick, the Type 2 and then a UK Industrial (aka camp ground head / cable).

Make sure they get it connected for you to the App on the phone and set you up as a key driver - the app is pretty poor (really poor) but is needed to check charge status, set timers, do pre-heating and so on. Make sure you check Apple Car Play (or Android) if required.

Check that if you ordered a tow bar, that it's all there. Check the locking wheel nut and the tyre sealant.

If you care about it (and have it in spec) ask them to show you the "Magic foot" used to open the tail gate. The sensor is really finicky and I can end up kicking a fair few times to get a result, so now generally don't bother!

Check they give you two keys (apparently there's a shortage, if not - get a receipt for another one).

Personally, I'd check the trim under the passenger (and probably driver side) seat where the cables for e.g. heated go. On mine it was not fitted properly and something round got in there causing really annoying underfloor roll.

I'd suggest purchasing rubber floor mats and the rubber/plastic load liner. Bikes, kids and so on can make a mess otherwise.

Phew.
What "Electric" said...
one addendum - check the windshield washer sprayers (yeah, I know..... Electric had ALL the hot tips!)
Good call on the APP connectivity.... often a problem.... maybe don't leave the dealership until the app works on your phone.... (and DON'T buy extended warranty! Doesn't cover windshield cracks over 1/4", or road rash scratches on wheels..... not much can go wrong on these pieces of ART! Enjoy!)
The only issue on my e-tron was a crimped W/W hose, which they say they fixed.... but it's under performing again....
Mostly, on delivery, I'd look for the smooth/quiet ride, the quality build, the lack of gasoline smell on my hands... EVER! Drive on, and ENJOY!!!

·
Registered
367 Posts
Please don't get the Audi cargo liner. It came with mine, and just like the one for my A4, it has absolutely no grip and feels cheap. Get the one from Weathertech instead; it is far superior. That said, the Audi branded all weather floor mats are fine. Not sure why the don't make the cargo liner from the same material.
Bhuna50, I have the Audi mat set In the boot of my 2019 SUV. The ridges are about 3 mm high, 5mm wide, and spaced about 15mm apart. No, the mat does NOT extend into the side pockets. As BeefJerky noted, the mat is fairly hard plastic, so you dog might end up doing a bit of the "slip and slide".
Thanks both - noted and will just go for the all weather floor mats.

·
Registered
10 Posts
my only gotcha was that the rear bumper on my ‘19 e-tron appears to have been jostled before I took delivery, and so didn’t notice it. Either that or somebody bumps into me after I took it home. It’s not really noticeable, but I noticed.

·
Registered
12 Posts
When I picked up my e-tron from the Amersham main dealer back in July (ex demonstrator, but only just over 100 miles on the clock) there were a bunch of cables in the front box. It was only when I got home I discovered the 'granny' cable with the charge controller incorporated wasn't amongst them. Amersham sourced at replacement cable (complete with 2020 PAT testing certificate!) the next day, but I was distinctly unipressed, especially as the supplied cable looked distinctly second hand. Complaints about the problem fell on deaf ears at Amersham, but Audi UK were more helpful.

·
Registered
59 Posts
With short supply of parts there are more things you now need to check when collecting cars, we all know about the single key but mine only just sneaked through with wireless charging as that is also in short supply. Check steering wheel mine is crooked and needs adjustment as on a long journey your arm starts to hurt. Only thing I have purchase up to now was a discounted front trunk cable bag. It’s fits perfect has etron on the sides and is waterproof so storage of wet cables after charging saves the mat

1 - 15 of 15 Posts