Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Administrator
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you can share a few things about your ownership of the Audi E-Tron, what would it be? The most liked or hated, share them with every one I am sure you won't be the only one.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Of all audi e-tron issues I can point out, low range is one of them but one I can put up with till Audi releases more complete EV's.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey, range is not an issue as you deside if it fits your needs before U buy it. I like the fast charging and the driving as well as the space and that on the rear seat 2 adults can comfortable travel. I dislike the crappy myaudi app for the iphone. Other manufactures have that running (like JLR) and I do not unterstand why audi does not fix it. aanother point on my list is that the Companys own ultrafastchargers are not considured withing the cars navigation. This is für Europe. So I have to plan with my IPad using "a better route planner" my trips. This is "unworthy" for a car in that price point :). I hope this will be fixed very soon. Besides that I really lave the car and enjoy driving it.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Has anyone felt weight was an issue with the E-Tron? I always felt Audi could have done more to reduce it. In range testing it can show: "That 95.3-kWh battery helps give the e-tron its EPA-rated 204-mile range, although, during our testing, we achieved a 190-mile highway range. We suspect that the e-tron's 5843-pound curb weight could be why we got this lower number. For comparison, we managed to get the same range when we tested the Jaguar I-Pace, although it weighs almost 1000 pounds less and is powered by a smaller, 90.0-kWh battery. We have yet to test a Tesla Model X, which is rated at 295 miles of range; we estimate that it weighs between 5450 and 5500 pounds."

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hey, range is not an issue as you deside if it fits your needs before U buy it. I like the fast charging and the driving as well as the space and that on the rear seat 2 adults can comfortable travel. I dislike the crappy myaudi app for the iphone. Other manufactures have that running (like JLR) and I do not unterstand why audi does not fix it. aanother point on my list is that the Companys own ultrafastchargers are not considured withing the cars navigation. This is für Europe. So I have to plan with my IPad using "a better route planner" my trips. This is "unworthy" for a car in that price point :). I hope this will be fixed very soon. Besides that I really lave the car and enjoy driving it.
I know what you mean.
Spent some time playing around with the App and after much frustration, my next step was to check out the reviews...

It still boggles that VW group, as big as they are, can't get an app developed properly.

·
Registered
162 Posts
The rear backup camera needs some sort of weather protection. In rain, especially at night, backing up is hit or miss. With the back windows so heavily tinted, you are on your own! Anyone make really tiny windshield wipers?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Do you not have a nozzle on the back camera to flush the lens? It should be possible to do it on the MMI when car is in reverse, or when activating the rear wiper

·
Registered
10 Posts
There isn't much about the car that I do not like. I like that it feels safe, it has some weight to it so I don't feel like I'm going fly off the side of the road, the handling is fantastic, different drive modes are nice, it feels well built and I like that it doesn't look so much different than combustion engine vehicles. It has plenty of room inside for my three dobermans also.

The negatives; horrible app that needs lots of help and would love more range but know that will be coming. Also, more consistency with the charging options, i.e. home charging, timer charging.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have to upvote that the app sucks. I just checked version history in the app store, and they've been pushing out about once a month. Every push includes "design improvements"... I think it could use a big one. I mean, half of the apps first page is a picture of my car... I know what my car looks like; how about replacing most of that with lock/unlock and remote A/C controls.

How about the cup-holders? Is it just me, or does anyone else have a problem with the deep and narrow design. I mean, it can fit a Starbucks coffee cup, but good luck getting the cup out of the holder without popping the lid. I've dumped my share of coffee into the holder... it does clean up ok :). Anyone have a DIY fix?

The seat belt buckle slips all the way to the bottom when it's fully retracted... making it a small chore to grab it between the pillar and the seat. Every other car I've driven has a 'stop' sewn into the strap that would stop the buckle from falling to the floor. Why not Audi? Also the passenger buckle flops around and hits the pillar, especially noticeable when the passenger window is open (and of course no one is sitting there).

·
Registered
101 Posts
The seat belt buckle slips all the way to the bottom when it's fully retracted... making it a small chore to grab it between the pillar and the seat.
I agree with your other criticisms, but there is an adjustable slide that holds the belt buckle up wherever you want it. Let me know if you can't find yours and I'll send you a pic of mine.

·
Registered
4 Posts
If you can share a few things about your ownership of the Audi E-Tron, what would it be? The most liked or hated, share them with every one I am sure you won't be the only one.
I love the vehicle. I hate the fact that there is no sunglass holder. Such a simple thing missing from such an expensive vehicle. I also do not like their customer service.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Can anyone tell me how to deal with car goes backwards on uphill. I have hold function on and to activate I have to put my feet on break. I ask audi service center but they told me it’s how electric car drive.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Can anyone tell me how to deal with car goes backwards on uphill. I have hold function on and to activate I have to put my feet on break. I ask audi service center but they told me it’s how electric car drive.
Hi John. There is no 'creep' on current models of the e-tron. It will not hold on the hill unless you have your foot on the brake or unless you have the hold function enabled, in which case you can release the brake pedal and a green P icon appears on the dash to show you that the car is holding itself.

·
Registered
10 Posts
My first several cars were stick shift. Anyone else actually love the fact it can roll back? Takes me back to those days when you pulsed the clutch to keep your car in place, just because you didn't care to use the brake. Crazy that an electric car elicits nostalgic memories.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Like how quiet it is at 80 mph.
Like how you can run the AC with the car off for an extended amount of time.
Like the interior fit and finish.
Like the B&O sound system.
Like how well it handles considering that it weighs more than a Ford F-150 pickup. It's not a canyon carver.
Like wireless Apple Carplay.

Don't like the ~180 range, especially when one of my drives has charging stations 120 miles apart.
Don't like the headlights. They're OK but Merc LED matrix lights are far better.
Don't like the excessive Audi Connect subscription prices.
Don't like how wireless Apple Carplay requires the excessively priced Audi Connect in order for the prerequisite wifi connection.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Briant71, I'm with you. My other car is a manual 2004 BMW Z4. By using the paddle shifters you can make the etron behave like 1) a manual (0 regen), 2) an automatic (low regen), or 3) something a little different (max-regen: sort of a one-peddle drive). One really interesting thing I find I do now in the zero-regen mode is COAST--a lot. This car will roll a really long way. This is the most efficient way to go! In one sense, I have to agree with John. The rolling back in the etron (unless you firmly brake to engage hold assist) is a little more disconcerting than with a manual transmission. At least in the manual you can balance the clutch and gas peddle to start to slowly go uphill, but then, I'm using both feet among 3 pedals---not a simplification of the process! In fact, that two-foot, three-peddle dance in a manual car is probably the scariest part about driving one!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts