Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Glacier White
17 Posts
If you slide that adjuster on the seat belt almost all the way up so the full belt can still go back in then it doesn’t bang against the B pillar. Just have to fiddle with it to find the sweet spot.
Nice! I’ll have to try that. Thank You.

·
Registered
2019 Glacier White
17 Posts
How about, when you have the adaptive cruise set, and the speed limit drops 10-15 mph, and the car hits the breaks (it feels a lot stronger than full-regenerative braking). I hate that.

·
Registered
2019 Audi eTron Prestige, 2019 Audi eTron Premium Plus, 2019 Audi Q5 Premium Plus, 87 Saleen Mustang
218 Posts
Do you not have a nozzle on the back camera to flush the lens? It should be possible to do it on the MMI when car is in reverse, or when activating the rear wiper
my Oct 19 build US Prestige model does not have rear camera wash function- it magically appeared after seeing all the different cameras- didn't know there were modes to view front and rear wheels separately. Now, that's a nice surprise!

·
Registered
e-tron 50 2021
12 Posts
There is a tolerant profile setting for that automatic speed limit follow feature. It makes the change in speed smooth.

·
Registered
2019 Glacier White
17 Posts
How about, when you have the adaptive cruise set, and the speed limit drops 10-15 mph, and the car hits the breaks (it feels a lot stronger than full-regenerative braking). I hate that.
There is a tolerant profile setting for that automatic speed limit follow feature. It makes the change in speed smooth.
I looked through the car's menus and in the manual and couldn't find this setting. help?!

·
Registered
2021 Audi e-tron Prestige, Glacier White Metallic
84 Posts
I love the vehicle. I hate the fact that there is no sunglass holder. Such a simple thing missing from such an expensive vehicle. I also do not like their customer service.
I use the drop down bin under the left side of the steering wheel. It holds multiple pairs of sunglasses.:)

Reactions: Chrisechild

·
Registered
84 Posts
1.) No ability to manually set the rate of charge
- Fixing this would allow it to reliably charge at RV sites, without purchasing another NEMA 14-50 travel charger that is rated for lower amperage
2.) It shuts down when the driver gets out of the drivers seat, but the key is still in the vehicle
- every time I get out to get the mail...
3.) You can only turn the climate control while parked for 30 minutes before it shuts off
-Give us a camping mode
4.) Offer more travel charging plug adapters like Porsche and Tesla

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
1.) No ability to manually set the rate of charge
- Fixing this would allow it to reliably charge at RV sites, without purchasing another NEMA 14-50 travel charger that is rated for lower amperage
2.) It shuts down when the driver gets out of the drivers seat, but the key is still in the vehicle
- every time I get out to get the mail...
3.) You can only turn the climate control while parked for 30 minutes before it shuts off
-Give us a camping mode
4.) Offer more travel charging plug adapters like Porsche and Tesla
I use the drop down bin under the left side of the steering wheel. It holds multiple pairs of sunglasses.:)
A) It took awhile for me to discover that left bin. How many feet deep is it?

1) Are you aware that the Audi stock charger has two power levels? You can set it to charge at 100% or 50% (more in keeping with 32A--washer/dryer--hookups. On the charger that came with my 2019, the Power button has two functions--short press for ON/OFF, long press for 100%/50%.
2)I agree this is annoying. The only way to get around it, is to start the car again after you open the drivers door. It is opening/closing the door that triggers the car to shut down.

·
Registered
2019 Audi eTron Prestige, 2019 Audi eTron Premium Plus, 2019 Audi Q5 Premium Plus, 87 Saleen Mustang
218 Posts
Never thought about pressing the button to turn off. I've always just pressed the release button the vehicle and then unplugged from the NEMA 14-50. Good to know.

·
Registered
84 Posts
A) It took awhile for me to discover that left bin. How many feet deep is it?

1) Are you aware that the Audi stock charger has two power levels? You can set it to charge at 100% or 50% (more in keeping with 32A--washer/dryer--hookups. On the charger that came with my 2019, the Power button has two functions--short press for ON/OFF, long press for 100%/50%.
2)I agree this is annoying. The only way to get around it, is to start the car again after you open the drivers door. It is opening/closing the door that triggers the car to shut down.
1.) I understood this to mean 100%/50% state of charge, which never made sense to me why this feature was there. I didn’t realize that it could mean rate of charge. I’ll have to test it out when I get my car back. Thanks for calling this out! I’ll also measure the bin size...

·
Registered
2020 etron 50 Black Edition
57 Posts
Love most things about the etron.. as many have already pointed out above..

Is it me but the seats aren't that cossetting .? I have the Black Edition with the RS seats, but I would have thoughts they would come around my back a little better and the top of the back angle up a bit compared to the rest of the back angle. I used to love that about my Range Rover - you can adjust the rake of the top half of the back seat. Otherwise very comfortable. Leather is super nice quality.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Love most things about the etron.. as many have already pointed out above..

Is it me but the seats aren't that cossetting .? I have the Black Edition with the RS seats, but I would have thoughts they would come around my back a little better and the top of the back angle up a bit compared to the rest of the back angle. I used to love that about my Range Rover - you can adjust the rake of the top half of the back seat. Otherwise very comfortable. Leather is super nice quality.
Not sure if this is an option on your e-tron, but on my 2021 e-tron prestige I am able to adjust the seat bolstering through the MMI. A shortcut to get to this menu, is to press the center button on the 4 way seat adjuster on both the driver and passenger seats (which enables/disables the massage) to bring up the screen. The bolstering function is on the second screen of the pop-up menu on the MMI. If you swipe right or left the bolstering menu should appear and allow you to adjust the width of the seat. I don't know if this was implemented in the 2019, as I didn't discover it until I bought my 2021. My car is actively being repaired under warranty or I would provide a better picture.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Not sure if this is an option on your e-tron, but on my 2021 e-tron prestige I am able to adjust the seat bolstering through the MMI. A shortcut to get to this menu, is to press the center button on the 4 way seat adjuster on both the driver and passenger seats (which enables/disables the massage) to bring up the screen. The bolstering function is on the second screen of the pop-up menu on the MMI. If you swipe right or left the bolstering menu should appear and allow you to adjust the width of the seat. I don't know if this was implemented in the 2019, as I didn't discover it until I bought my 2021. My car is actively being repaired under warranty or I would provide a better picture.
View attachment 1526
Gadget Font Technology Machine Automotive design

Here is the configuration menu to adjust the seat bolstering.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2019 E-Tron Prestige.

The clean lines of the design, the dashboard/cockpit layout, saving money on fuel, the leather. Beautiful car. I like the internet radio on there.

Dislikes
There is a lot of stuff I dislike about this car, and I am really hoping that Audi get it right on the next generation as it could be so much better. It's a good job it's so pretty.

• No leather on top of door parts and across, it's some sort of plastic stuff, with the bit of suede underneath it - looks cheap and no excuse on $85k car.
  • Center Console is badly designed and in the US where we're using a lot of drinks containers like Yeti tumblers, hardly anything fits in the middle at all. I can get a bottle of coke in there, but hardly any reusable vessel. I'm thinking of getting something 3D printed to slot in, and bring the cup holders higher up with a larger diameter.
  • Windshield wipers juddery even with new blades. Sometimes they hit the edge of the seal on the windshield. Audi dealer fob off. They compared to other e-trons and the movement is the same, so design fault.
  • Tailgate can sometimes close inadvertently when one of us is leaning into the trunk. Have to get out very quickly.
  • Hood lock sensor very over zealous, When closing the hood, you need to really press down on the right side to hear the click or you get a warning.
  • Reserving and front sensors slow to react, and then overzealous - don't silence even when in park (for example, next to window at drive through)
  • Heavy handed serve back in on lane assist

- So many bugs with the software including:

• Get into the car and sometimes while it is adjusting my seat position, it just stops and pushes the seat all the way back. Only remedy, turn off the car, open and close the door and try again. Usually it's fine second time.
  • Shortcuts on the top screen just reset. I don't listen to the radio and change the radio icon to Apple CarPlay - the car just forgets that continually so stopped bothering now.
  • Audi navigation is generally useless for the first 5 or 10 minutes I use the car, as it's connecting to the internet for place names, and the connection seems to be dog slow despite being on AT&T LTE. Nothing is cached which it should be for local area. (my phone is also on AT&T LTE sat next to it and Google maps works instantly)
  • The car stereo lacks a bit of higher end bass to low mid. Feels a bit soul-less when playing back lossless FLAC files. Very clear and detailed but just lacks some range.
  • The audi app is really badly designed and seemingly badly coded due to the speed of it
  • Nearly had a nervous breakdown talking to Audi about the Key user set up. 7 hours on the phone on and off until I found someone who knew a trick to get it to work
  • When the car connects to wireless carplay, it changes the app on my phone. Not sure if that is an Apple issue, but it kills the music that was last playing in the car.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Reserving and front sensors slow to react, and then overzealous - don't silence even when in park (for example, next to window at drive through)
Is this using the Parking Assist in "automatic" mode? I finally disabled this in the MMI because on local streets the car kept thinking I constantly wanted to park. If you manually activate the Parking Assist, say, by switching in to R gear, it will NOT deactivate until the car speed exceeds 2mph, OR until you turn it off by pressing the Parking Assist button at the bottom of the center console bank.

·
Registered
218 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Is this using the Parking Assist in "automatic" mode? I finally disabled this in the MMI because on local streets the car kept thinking I constantly wanted to park. If you manually activate the Parking Assist, say, by switching in to R gear, it will NOT deactivate until the car speed exceeds 2mph, OR until you turn it off by pressing the Parking Assist button at the bottom of the center console bank.
I'll definitely try and play with that later on.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discovered today that there is no auto park feature. Randomly occurred to me today (after 3 months) that I didn't know how to activate only to find it doesn't exist. My Volvo had auto park and I used it all of one time, to test. Another feature Volvo had was that BOTH rv mirrors tilted down in reverse - useful for parking on left-hand side of one-way streets that we have a number of in DC.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Discovered today that there is no auto park feature. Randomly occurred to me today (after 3 months) that I didn't know how to activate only to find it doesn't exist. My Volvo had auto park and I used it all of one time, to test. Another feature Volvo had was that BOTH rv mirrors tilted down in reverse - useful for parking on left-hand side of one-way streets that we have a number of in DC.
Yes, I was disappointed that Park Assist was just a bunch of cameras and guidelines. Are you aware that if you click your mirror knob one click to the right of the midway position that the passenger mirror will tilt down in reverse?

21 - 40 of 44 Posts