Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yes, I was disappointed that Park Assist was just a bunch of cameras and guidelines. Are you aware that if you click your mirror knob one click to the right of the midway position that the passenger mirror will tilt down in reverse?
Yeah passenger side tilts in reverse but liked both mirrors tilting down like in the Volvo.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have a 2019 E-Tron Prestige.

The clean lines of the design, the dashboard/cockpit layout, saving money on fuel, the leather. Beautiful car. I like the internet radio on there.

Dislikes
There is a lot of stuff I dislike about this car, and I am really hoping that Audi get it right on the next generation as it could be so much better. It's a good job it's so pretty.

• No leather on top of door parts and across, it's some sort of plastic stuff, with the bit of suede underneath it - looks cheap and no excuse on $85k car.
  • Center Console is badly designed and in the US where we're using a lot of drinks containers like Yeti tumblers, hardly anything fits in the middle at all. I can get a bottle of coke in there, but hardly any reusable vessel. I'm thinking of getting something 3D printed to slot in, and bring the cup holders higher up with a larger diameter.
  • Windshield wipers juddery even with new blades. Sometimes they hit the edge of the seal on the windshield. Audi dealer fob off. They compared to other e-trons and the movement is the same, so design fault.
  • Tailgate can sometimes close inadvertently when one of us is leaning into the trunk. Have to get out very quickly.
  • Hood lock sensor very over zealous, When closing the hood, you need to really press down on the right side to hear the click or you get a warning.
  • Reserving and front sensors slow to react, and then overzealous - don't silence even when in park (for example, next to window at drive through)
  • Heavy handed serve back in on lane assist

- So many bugs with the software including:

• Get into the car and sometimes while it is adjusting my seat position, it just stops and pushes the seat all the way back. Only remedy, turn off the car, open and close the door and try again. Usually it's fine second time.
  • Shortcuts on the top screen just reset. I don't listen to the radio and change the radio icon to Apple CarPlay - the car just forgets that continually so stopped bothering now.
  • Audi navigation is generally useless for the first 5 or 10 minutes I use the car, as it's connecting to the internet for place names, and the connection seems to be dog slow despite being on AT&T LTE. Nothing is cached which it should be for local area. (my phone is also on AT&T LTE sat next to it and Google maps works instantly)
  • The car stereo lacks a bit of higher end bass to low mid. Feels a bit soul-less when playing back lossless FLAC files. Very clear and detailed but just lacks some range.
  • The audi app is really badly designed and seemingly badly coded due to the speed of it
  • Nearly had a nervous breakdown talking to Audi about the Key user set up. 7 hours on the phone on and off until I found someone who knew a trick to get it to work
  • When the car connects to wireless carplay, it changes the app on my phone. Not sure if that is an Apple issue, but it kills the music that was last playing in the car.
I have a 2019 E-Tron Prestige.

The clean lines of the design, the dashboard/cockpit layout, saving money on fuel, the leather. Beautiful car. I like the internet radio on there.

Dislikes
There is a lot of stuff I dislike about this car, and I am really hoping that Audi get it right on the next generation as it could be so much better. It's a good job it's so pretty.

• No leather on top of door parts and across, it's some sort of plastic stuff, with the bit of suede underneath it - looks cheap and no excuse on $85k car.
  • Center Console is badly designed and in the US where we're using a lot of drinks containers like Yeti tumblers, hardly anything fits in the middle at all. I can get a bottle of coke in there, but hardly any reusable vessel. I'm thinking of getting something 3D printed to slot in, and bring the cup holders higher up with a larger diameter.
  • Windshield wipers juddery even with new blades. Sometimes they hit the edge of the seal on the windshield. Audi dealer fob off. They compared to other e-trons and the movement is the same, so design fault.
  • Tailgate can sometimes close inadvertently when one of us is leaning into the trunk. Have to get out very quickly.
  • Hood lock sensor very over zealous, When closing the hood, you need to really press down on the right side to hear the click or you get a warning.
  • Reserving and front sensors slow to react, and then overzealous - don't silence even when in park (for example, next to window at drive through)
  • Heavy handed serve back in on lane assist

- So many bugs with the software including:

• Get into the car and sometimes while it is adjusting my seat position, it just stops and pushes the seat all the way back. Only remedy, turn off the car, open and close the door and try again. Usually it's fine second time.
  • Shortcuts on the top screen just reset. I don't listen to the radio and change the radio icon to Apple CarPlay - the car just forgets that continually so stopped bothering now.
  • Audi navigation is generally useless for the first 5 or 10 minutes I use the car, as it's connecting to the internet for place names, and the connection seems to be dog slow despite being on AT&T LTE. Nothing is cached which it should be for local area. (my phone is also on AT&T LTE sat next to it and Google maps works instantly)
  • The car stereo lacks a bit of higher end bass to low mid. Feels a bit soul-less when playing back lossless FLAC files. Very clear and detailed but just lacks some range.
  • The audi app is really badly designed and seemingly badly coded due to the speed of it
  • Nearly had a nervous breakdown talking to Audi about the Key user set up. 7 hours on the phone on and off until I found someone who knew a trick to get it to work
  • When the car connects to wireless carplay, it changes the app on my phone. Not sure if that is an Apple issue, but it kills the music that was last playing in the car.
Had a hood lock sensor warning last wknd. Merging on busy highway going over bump got huge red warning in HUD. No idea at the time what it was but hood was fine. Got to destination 10 min. later and looked warning up in manual. Opened and closed hood again and no further issue.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Disappointed with the lack of software fixes for the simplest of problems on MY '21 cars. An example is the speed limit sign overage alert. Suppose to be able to set the alert up to 15 MPH over the posted limit. The car has a 5 MPH maximum, making this feature worthless. Reported this problem to The ETRON Customer Experience Line 4 months ago. The response at the time was Germany knew of the problem and a fix was forth coming. Here we are 4 months later and no update. The Navigation voice response performance is awful. Some days it seems to work good but then on others days it can't find anything. Once it's in an error that's it till the car is powered off and restarted. An example is when it continuously says: "Enter a Search Term". When the app enters into this dialogue that's it for the trip. Reported this one to the ETRON Experience Line and asked for a list of verbal commands for the Navigation app but never received a reply.
The latest software issue is backing out of the garage and the car slams on the brakes, sets the parking brake and powers off the drive train. No error or diagnostic messages are displayed. A driver should be able to open a diagnostic window and see an explanation of what caused the computer to shut down the car. Several drivers on this forum have reported the same problem with no definite fix. While I love the car and feel the hardware support is good the software bug remediation is lacking. It's my speculation they will not upgrade prior year cars with new car software features like Tesla does. I will be interested to see if the Korean cars model their software upgrades like Tesla.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Love almost everything about the car bar one thing the position of the charging ports would have been far better for it to directly at the front or rear of the car as it’s always a stretch making the cable reach 😂

41 - 44 of 44 Posts