Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there. I have had my Audi E-Tron for a month now and have just returned from my first long distance journey. The car is great, but I found charging on the UK public charging network an absolute mare. I used 4 different networks on my 600 mile trip, all rapid charging, and found it most stressful as some networks just don’t work with my car. Hats off to Shell Recharge and Instavolt which are simple to use and just work like they should. I would highly recommend those two. But, Genie point and Ecotricity both however would not connect at several different sites and several attempts. I called the Helpline number on the charging machine for both Genie point and Ecotricity, and they tried everything to get me charged up but eventually we had to give up as whatever we tried would not work. Does anyone else have similar issues? Is there an issue with my car or should some networks just be avoided if you are driving an E-tron. I watched as other makes of cars were able to connect and successfully charge. Would be interested to hear if anyone else has had similar issues?

·
Super Moderator
147 Posts
Hi there! I'll let the UK folks speak to the charging networks over there.

But I've heard that some heavier CCS cables can be a bit glitchy sometimes. When you first plug it in, try lifting the handle vertically until it establishes a connection and starts charging. I haven't experienced that yet, but it seems to impact many EVs due to the weight of the cable preventing proper connection and handshake between the charger and vehicle.

And welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Ecotricity don't have a great reputation, but their chargers will work with an E-Tron when they're operational. I have a 100% success rate with PodPoint and Be.EV chargers too.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts