Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at the insideevs.com sales figures for 2019 (admittedly estimates), there were 1,829 e trons sold. Doing a quick survey of used car sales sites (autotrader.com, cars.com, etc) there were 249 used e trons for sale. Only one had more than 10k miles. The rest were under 5k with several under 100 miles. So, almost 14% of new car sales have wound up on the resale market. While the Jaguar I Pace only sold 752 for the year, only 8% were on the resale market.

Wish I had waited and bought used. Could have had the same car with only 294 miles on it for $68,995. Lesson learned.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
7 Posts
95% of the time you can wait and buy a car cheaper. Most depreciating assets are like that.

Maybe people are not happy with the range. One has to get use to driving around with 1/4 tank (coming from an ICE vehicle).

·
Registered
70 Posts
The cars I see for sale are dealer demo end of the year closeouts. Only one noticed for sale by private sale bc of low range.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Bill is right; many are demo cars where they didn't want to use as "loaner" cars for many Audi dealerships at this time.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Has anyone been able to get an E-Tron loaner from their dealer when visiting service? I'm wondering how many loaners there could be out there. My local dealer is a pretty high volume dealer but they do not have an E-Tron in the service loaner fleet.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Has anyone been able to get an E-Tron loaner from their dealer when visiting service? I'm wondering how many loaners there could be out there. My local dealer is a pretty high volume dealer but they do not have an E-Tron in the service loaner fleet.
We are in the Tampa area, asked for and received an e-tron loaner while our Q5 was in for service last summer.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Its going to get worse as more electric SUV's come out. Audi could turn it around with better E-Tron's if they want.

Anyone seen the Q4 E-Tron Concept?

·
Registered
62 Posts
I got my etron end of November and have taken it in for various prep, etc, a couple of times. Got a different e-tron loaner each time.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I first ordered my etron in September, 2018. Took delivery in June, 2019. I drive a lot for work and have a decent commute. In just over 8 months, I’ve amassed 18k miles on mine. I live in a small harbor town on Lake Michigan in Port Washington, WI. The range with the car has peaked at 245mi and on the coldest day this winter, (when temps were -1*f) that range dropped to 150. With current temperatures at about 30-40*, I get about 180mi and that number will climb as we push into Spring.

I’m very happy with the car. The handling is superb. The regenerative braking is nice, the power in boost mode is exceptional for a 6,000lb car and have raced past many other luxury cars w ease.

Most people see a full tank of gas and a range of 400+ miles. Yet they drive just 20-40 mi a day. As long as electrify America keeps installing chargers, and builds the network, and you have a charger in your garage, what’s the trouble?

Sure, I’ve spent 30 minutes at an EA charger once every couple months based on my day, but think of the hours I’ve saved not spending 5-10 minutes at the gas station every 4-5 days!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Audi San Diego is a smaller dealer, I had an e-tron last week. They have maybe five in their courtesy fleet.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yes, I generally get an e-tron when I go in for service. I live in the Portland, OR metro area and Audi of Beaverton has excellent service and my service manager lets me know when an e-tron is available. I love it!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I first ordered my etron in September, 2018. Took delivery in June, 2019. I drive a lot for work and have a decent commute. In just over 8 months, I’ve amassed 18k miles on mine. I live in a small harbor town on Lake Michigan in Port Washington, WI. The range with the car has peaked at 245mi and on the coldest day this winter, (when temps were -1*f) that range dropped to 150. With current temperatures at about 30-40*, I get about 180mi and that number will climb as we push into Spring.

I’m very happy with the car. The handling is superb. The regenerative braking is nice, the power in boost mode is exceptional for a 6,000lb car and have raced past many other luxury cars w ease.

Most people see a full tank of gas and a range of 400+ miles. Yet they drive just 20-40 mi a day. As long as electrify America keeps installing chargers, and builds the network, and you have a charger in your garage, what’s the trouble?

Sure, I’ve spent 30 minutes at an EA charger once every couple months based on my day, but think of the hours I’ve saved not spending 5-10 minutes at the gas station every 4-5 days!

If I were only going to drive around town, I would give my E-Tron a 10 out of 10. Problem is, I would like to drive from Austin to Santa Fe to visit my sister, a 727 mile trip. Can’t do it, unless I have a Tesla model S.

·
Registered
62 Posts
WhiteRocket, you wrote:

"If I were only going to drive around town, I would give my E-Tron a 10 out of 10. Problem is, I would like to drive from Austin to Santa Fe to visit my sister, a 727 mile trip. Can’t do it, unless I have a Tesla model S."

So you could not map out a route to get you from point A to point B?

·
Registered
5 Posts
If I were only going to drive around town, I would give my E-Tron a 10 out of 10. Problem is, I would like to drive from Austin to Santa Fe to visit my sister, a 727 mile trip. Can’t do it, unless I have a Tesla model S.
Huh? A quick check of the electrify America app map shows there are plenty of superchargers to make your trip. First 1,000 hours are free. I’ve used the supercharger often and still have 700+ hours left that don’t expire for a few years.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I just walked away from mine and replaced it with a Porsche Panamera.
For me, it was a combination of the range and the charging network. Electrify America is completely undependable. Never got anything close to a full-speed charge. But the worst part was that the EA charging stations aren't maintained. Good news: I NEVER had to wait for a charger. Bad news: I never was at a station where someone else was charging at the same time. Worse news: Had too many experiences where the charger said "available" but none of them turned out to be operational.
The EA folks on the help line do their best but this is clearly not a successful business, so I assume it will only get worse.
The etron is a failure and the Taycan will be a black eye as well.
I've learned an expensive lesson. If you want all electric, but Tesla.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Huh? A quick check of the electrify America app map shows there are plenty of superchargers to make your trip. First 1,000 hours are free. I’ve used the supercharger often and still have 700+ hours left that don’t expire for a few years.
The quick check is deceptive. You need to think of this car as having even less than a 200 mile range. Had several experiences where the charging stations didn't work. What do you do when it's 8PM and you have 20 miles left on your car and you are in a walmart parking lot in the middle of an unfamiliar place and the chargers are down? And you drive to the next walmart and the chargers are down and there's garbage all over the charging station area?
What I did was sell the car. Don't buy one of these things until they get their act together. Like other users say: awesome car if you drive it within 50 miles of your home. Other than that: totally impractical!

·
Registered
34 Posts
The US market was a strange choice to start shipping in first rather than Europe. In the UK we’re getting very high install rate of chargers and the number of cars on the road hasn’t reached saturation on them yet. We’re a smaller country so the implication of being say 50mi range left and looking for a charger is not the same as being in the middle of Nevada.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I've been to the dealer twice and they bragged about having 'practically new e-trons' with 'only' 2000 miles for ~$4k off. Well they were registered so the tax credit is gone. I wonder how many cars are dealer registered, then flipped. Maybe I'm off base...

1 - 20 of 29 Posts