Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
I've been to the dealer twice and they bragged about having 'practically new e-trons' with 'only' 2000 miles for ~$4k off. Well they were registered so the tax credit is gone. I wonder how many cars are dealer registered, then flipped. Maybe I'm off base...

·
Registered
14 Posts
I’d be happy to send you the paperwork from my trade. I’ll remove my name and the VIN but you can use it to get them to give you a realistic deal.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Good question. Something I've been thinking about as I bought a recently abandoned e-tron after the original owner barely drove it ~2,300 miles in 7 months. There's absolutely nothing wrong with the car itself. Excellent Audi engineering, build quality, comfort, tech features, etc. And thanks to solid pricing in the used market, it was a great value.

It's not perfect, there are always minor gripes with any vehicle. But hardly anything that would result in somebody taking a bath by terminating a lease early or loss in depreciation. As others have noted, it's gotta be the range and charging network. In particular, if somebody had higher expectations or requirements than what the e-tron could deliver.

For me, who will rarely take long road trips (especially now), and charge at home, it's a non-issue. At some point, I'll venture beyond its range and will try out the charging network for myself. Hopefully, things will continue improving.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Good question. Something I've been thinking about as I bought a recently abandoned e-tron after the original owner barely drove it ~2,300 miles in 7 months. There's absolutely nothing wrong with the car itself. Excellent Audi engineering, build quality, comfort, tech features, etc. And thanks to solid pricing in the used market, it was a great value.

It's not perfect, there are always minor gripes with any vehicle. But hardly anything that would result in somebody taking a bath by terminating a lease early or loss in depreciation. As others have noted, it's gotta be the range and charging network. In particular, if somebody had higher expectations or requirements than what the e-tron could deliver.

For me, who will rarely take long road trips (especially now), and charge at home, it's a non-issue. At some point, I'll venture beyond its range and will try out the charging network for myself. Hopefully, things will continue improving.
[/QU

·
Registered
14 Posts
That’s the attitude I had when I bought my etron new—that the network would improve-but it hasn’t. It’s gotten worse. No new chargers have been made available on either main interstate highway that I frequent (I-95 and I-64) in twelve months! And many chargers that have been in service are flaky and undependable. The etron is basically a $75,000 scooter. Great for local travel within 40 miles of home, but worthless beyond that range

·
Registered
9 Posts
That’s the attitude I had when I bought my etron new—that the network would improve-but it hasn’t. It’s gotten worse. No new chargers have been made available on either main interstate highway that I frequent (I-95 and I-64) in twelve months! And many chargers that have been in service are flaky and undependable. The etron is basically a $75,000 scooter. Great for local travel within 40 miles of home, but worthless beyond that range
Yeah, I hear ya. In my case, I didn't buy the e-tron with the expectation that it would improve. Hence why I bought it used, as it would make it financially far less impactful to have to trade-in ~2-3 years, if I do find myself traveling more, and the network not acceptable.

Exactly how I had hoped Tesla would improve build quality and service over the years so I could buy an EV that does have a better range and charging network. Only to find that even now, 7 years later, they still only care about quantity vs quality. Great EV tech, but as a vehicle, they aren't there for me.

Hence my decision to trade that EV tech for a vehicle that isn't plagued with panel fitment, paint issues, wind/road-noise, squeaks/rattles, and poor customer service. We'll see how the industry looks in a few years. With more and more EVs showing up, perhaps demand will force changes on both sides.

·
Registered
27 Posts
If I were only going to drive around town, I would give my E-Tron a 10 out of 10. Problem is, I would like to drive from Austin to Santa Fe to visit my sister, a 727 mile trip. Can’t do it, unless I have a Tesla model S.
I second that issue. I went to the Electrify America charging station today to juice up, but all 9 chargers are out of order. If I was trying to do a long trip, I'd be screwed.

This particular station has been broken for months with no response from EA.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Most people see a full tank of gas and a range of 400+ miles. Yet they drive just 20-40 mi a day. As long as electrify America keeps installing chargers, and builds the network, and you have a charger in your garage, what’s the trouble?

Sure, I’ve spent 30 minutes at an EA charger once every couple months based on my day, but think of the hours I’ve saved not spending 5-10 minutes at the gas station every 4-5 days!
That is such a brilliant observation. So for my use, I have actually saved time over the past year. Nice to know!

·
Registered
14 Posts
That is such a brilliant observation. So for my use, I have actually saved time over the past year. Nice to know!
Electrify America will never succeed. Their locations were chosen by the court as part of the Volkswagen emissions settlement with the EPA. It will never be profitable and never expand. Elon Musk must laugh as he falls asleep every night...

21 - 29 of 29 Posts