Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a 2021 e-tron premium plus, and I'm still in the process of kitting it out with the amenities I'm used to from other vehicles. One of those is a radar detector, but the model I have (from 2016-ish) is pretty twitchy on K-band whenever certain vehicles pass by with ACC/BLIS/other radar features.

The e-tron manual mentions radar modules around the perimeter, so I know for sure that it's being used for the driver assist package. My question is: if I put a radar detector in my e-tron, will it just freak out 100% of the time? Are there specific models that will or won't play nice? Does anyone here have a solution they like, and if so, what is it?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
360 Posts
You could always just stick to the speed limit :D :D (joke by the way, not preaching).

If you have concerns that it will interfere - before cabling it all in neatly, do a few test runs if you can and test it out.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I use a Passport 8500i with K band turned off as police where we live only use Ka band. Get random alerts but the same detector in the wife's Merc does too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts