Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This might be a bit too early since it was revealed the other day, but is anyone considering trading in their e-tron when the Q4 e-tron comes out?

It's pretty tempting for me, I really like the bolder styling that Audi is going with. But I'm not going to get too carried away, I need to see what the real-world range is going to be like and if there's going to be any new tech inside.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I think this is a good question. I plan to buy the eTron Sportsback or the Q4 sportsback, will define it once I have the production specs on the Q4.

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
Honestly, wasn't considering it at all. The Q4 E-Tron is going to be another class of vehicle in terms of size, features, and performance when compared to the E-Tron, which is basically an electric Q8. The primary benefit for me might be additional range, but the current range of the E-Tron is still plenty for now.

When I replace the E-Tron, it will be far enough in the future for significant upgrades across the board. Or an entirely different vehicle, like an EV truck, for example.

·
Registered
2019 e-tron prestige
137 Posts
I wouldn't expect the Q4 to rival the e-tron SUV at all. Features like double-paned glass, 360 camera, standard air-suspension, etc. are doubtful.
Batteries are still expensive.

·
Registered
359 Posts
I wouldn't expect the Q4 to rival the e-tron SUV at all. Features like double-paned glass, 360 camera, standard air-suspension, etc. are doubtful.
Batteries are still expensive.
Exactly my thoughts.

I believe the majority of folks buying a Q4 would be those not interested in the e-tron SUV or e-tron Sportback we have today. Only exception would be tech junkies that went for the current e-tron because they couldn't wait!

We could however see a lot of people trading in a Tesla for the Q4.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have a Prestige, and I don't think I would go to a Q4 from a Prestige. However, my wife has a Hyundai Kona EV that she loves, but she really loves the Audi, you just can't compare the two. I know the second the Q4 comes out she's headed to our dealer to see about trading her Kona EV on a Q4. They appear to be about the same size, should go about the same range, the Audi should just do it much nicer........The Kona is nice, but the inside is hard plastic and it's a rough ride. Now the second the GT E-Tron comes out, I may be tempted to trade if the price is not too outrageous.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts