Audi E-Tron Forum banner

21 - 40 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
I almost think this E-Tron SUV was still a work in progress and not entirely ready, unless these experiences are somewhat common with new car ownership.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Further to my previous post I have now received the promise from Audi that the parts that need to be replaced to the virtual mirror in order to get allowance to deliver the car are ordered and on its way. I have received the written promise that everything will be done and my car will be released and delivered latest upcoming Thursday (14/11). I will keep you posted.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Further to my previous post I have now received the promise from Audi that the parts that need to be replaced to the virtual mirror in order to get allowance to deliver the car are ordered and on its way. I have received the written promise that everything will be done and my car will be released and delivered latest upcoming Thursday (14/11). I will keep you posted.
Excellent news and hopefully all will be resolved. (I am awaiting the same with the car sitting at the dealership)

Good luck with it all.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm in the same position here, my launch edition has been sat in the dealership for 7 weeks now, I was about to cancel the car on Friday when the dealer emailed and said his MD had been to a meeting with Audi and they had discussed the camera issue, quote" the fix will be issued by the end of November, although this is not a promise".

I haven't cancelled yet but will defiantly do so if my car is not on the road by November 30th.

Out of interest Robaloth, what country are you in that you will receive a fix by 14th November.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Virtual Mirrors.
Informed by my UK dealership today that my e-tron (with virtual mirrors) has been released from jail and as soon as parts arrive and have been fitted I can take ownership!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Update? Did you get your etron on Friday?
Picked up Friday, love the colour and the quality of materials......
However, my ‘fixed’ virtual mirrors didn’t last long!
First trip after pick up from dealer they both failed after less than a mile! It seemed to be the screens that were misting up obscuring view. When they work they are brilliant but it is clear that no fix has been found as yet.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Picked up Friday, love the colour and the quality of materials......
However, my ‘fixed’ virtual mirrors didn’t last long!
First trip after pick up from dealer they both failed after less than a mile! It seemed to be the screens that were misting up obscuring view. When they work they are brilliant but it is clear that no fix has been found as yet.
Wow that’s disappointing. I emailed my dealer today and they where pretty cagey with there response. My finger is well and truly hovering above the cancellation button. I may order a Mercedes EQC and just wait as it looks like Audi can’t get this one right

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
That’s sad to hear, though congratulations on getting your new car!
Seems to have made things worse, because all previous reports have only involved the driver side screen, which has the touchscreen functionality.
So what is Audi doing about it?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Wow that’s disappointing. I emailed my dealer today and they where pretty cagey with there response. My finger is well and truly hovering above the cancellation button. I may order a Mercedes EQC and just wait as it looks like Audi can’t get this one right
My dealer has not responded to my emails for the past 10 days:(
Maybe there is no response from Audi UK, and the dealers don’t know what else to say to stall the increasingly frustrated customers.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
I am taking a screenshot of the forums page showing how many people are reading and commenting on this issue, and sending it to my dealer, who can forward it to the powers that be at Audi.
I would encourage others to do the same.
Hopefully it will bring a sense of urgency to dealing with the issue.

·
Registered
21 Posts
This sounds like a different problem though doesn’t it? The camera’s misting up in cold weather is different to the original stated problem I think?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
This sounds like a different problem though doesn’t it? The camera’s misting up in cold weather is different to the original stated problem I think?
You may be right!

The original problem had three components:

1. Sudden dimming of the driverside rear view screen, while the passenger side screen remained normal.
2. Loss of touchscreen sensitivity.
3. Loss of warning light for blind spot.

If the new issue is of misting up in cold weather, with none of the above features, it is a different issue.

Best wishes

·
Registered
21 Posts
You may be right!

The original problem had three components:

1. Sudden dimming of the driverside rear view screen, while the passenger side screen remained normal.
2. Loss of touchscreen sensitivity.
3. Loss of warning light for blind spot.

If the new issue is of misting up in cold weather, with none of the above features, it is a different issue.

Best wishes
Or the new issue is a result of the attempted fix.

·
Registered
21 Posts
My dealer has not responded to my emails for the past 10 days:(
Maybe there is no response from Audi UK, and the dealers don’t know what else to say to stall the increasingly frustrated customers.
Audi have to be careful a massive campaign ensued with the Mercedes GLC 'Crabbing Issue' recently when owners mounted a coordinated media campaign

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi all, new here... I am awaiting a fully loaded audi etron 50 launch edition. My dealer in Amsterdam assures me it will be deliverd by end of december and that the virtual mirror debacle has been resolved. He has told me that etron 55s with virtual mirrors are being delivered now following last weeks fix and that there are no known issues since.

What is very frustrating is that I still have no formal delivery date since it is a launch edition. We have agreed to call again next Friday when the car should be in and more is known about the delivery date (allegedly my dealer has approx 200 etron 50s to deliver this year still). If there is still no good story I will likely cancel my order and go to ipace or tesla S. Hope that is not necessary, but want to enjoy the extra attractive tax benefit this year still.

21 - 40 of 88 Posts