Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2019 E-Tron
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Every once in a while, without asking all four side windows roll down 2-3 inches and the roof window opens a few inches. Seems like sort of an emergency function. Maybe the EV interior is getting too hot? Does anyone know why this occurs? How to fix? Is it a bug?

On a side note, my back-hatch opens for no reason. I was thinking it was due to the remote being in my pocket, being pressed accidentally. But appears to be a bigger issue.
The dealer has re-programmed the duration of the FOB dual press. And recently replaced the FOBs. But still occasionally occurs. This is a big deal. when traveling with luggage in the back, and come back to the EV and the hatch is wide open. Totally unacceptable. Lots of cars with using multiple presses on the FOB for the trunk or hatch and they work just fine. Pretty significant design problem, IMHO.
Does anyone know how to fix?

·
Registered
8 Posts
My hatch opens randomly as well. The only time it doesn't happen is if the key reamins in the vehicle OR the vehicle is left unlock. None of these are acceptable.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Are you maybe accidentally pressing buttons on the key fob? These are both things that can be done with the key fob. The opening of all windows can be disable in the MMI.

·
Registered
2019 E-Tron
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Are you maybe accidentally pressing buttons on the key fob? These are both things that can be done with the key fob. The opening of all windows can be disable in the MMI.
thank you Tom. I went and bought a FOB cover on Amazon, will see if this helps. Never had this problem with other cars FOBs, so I guess a poor Audi design.

·
Registered
66 Posts
thank you Tom. I went and bought a FOB cover on Amazon, will see if this helps. Never had this problem with other cars FOBs, so I guess a poor Audi design.
You're very welcome. I have done the same. The cover I bought helps a little as the buttons are now a little recessed. But I am still very careful with the key fob in my pocket. I had also tried a leather pouch-type cover but that was more of a hassle than anything else.

·
Registered
e-tron 50 technik
260 Posts
I've had this exact issue once or twice since getting the car.

More frequently I'm unlocking the car without realising it. It's definitely the fob in my experience in all cases be that dropping the windows, opening the power tailgate etc. Its the basic fob that comes with the technik. I know there's another version on the higher spec models.

The buttons are far too easy to press without realising. A fob cover sounds like a good idea but I hate additional bulk in my pockets!

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Yes, I have had the rear hatch open just because I was getting into the car with the fob in my pants pocket. Just the force of the fabric can trigger an action

·
Registered
2019 E-Tron
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've had this exact issue once or twice since getting the car.

More frequently I'm unlocking the car without realising it. It's definitely the fob in my experience in all cases be that dropping the windows, opening the power tailgate etc. Its the basic fob that comes with the technik. I know there's another version on the higher spec models.

The buttons are far too easy to press without realizing. A fob cover sounds like a good idea but I hate additional bulk in my pockets!
Thanks Chrisechild.
Will give the cover a try. I suspect the extra bulk will be a problem. It is thin plastic tho., so we will see. If a big hassle, I could use it only when traveling with high-value items in the back, like luggage. Maybe Audi will improve the design over time.

·
Registered
20 Posts
For those concerned about bulk, get one of the leather ones. It adds enough resistence that I haven't had any issues, but is still quite thin and feels nice in the hand.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts