Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Anybody selling yet? Looking for the stock 21s

View attachment 4926
with the blades.
I just had new wheels installed today. I’ll try to attach pics. My silver pieces have removable carbon fiber wrap and the wheels special center caps. I was thinking of selling mine since we don’t have a lot of storage here in florida. I also have the stock center caps. I have about 2,000 miles on my car so the tires are also pretty new

Attachments

·
Registered
101 Posts
How hard is it to remove the silver around the wheels? Is it clear coated on?
Are you talking about the grey pattern or the triangles? The grey pattern is painted on and is a pain to repair if damaged (my previous owner damaged them and it has taken several tries already to get them fixed and still not perfect). Going the other way, ie. painting over them should be no problem and anyone can do a decent job with that.

The triangles are plastic and are bolted on from behind, removing them would leave the bolt holes/stand offs visible, not a good look.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Are you talking about the grey pattern or the triangles? The grey pattern is painted on and is a pain to repair if damaged (my previous owner damaged them and it has taken several tries already to get them fixed and still not perfect). Going the other way, ie. painting over them should be no problem and anyone can do a decent job with that.

The triangles are plastic and are bolted on from behind, removing them would leave the bolt holes/stand offs visible, not a good look.
The grey pattern is what I was looking at. From how you described it, that means they will have to be powder coated.
The triangles getting the Vinyl CF is the best way

·
Registered
101 Posts
Yeah, you'd want it sanded and powder coated if you want to black them out. I personally like the pattern. You can't see it in photos generally but there is also an "RS" logo on the wheels on one of the spokes, different paint, much more silver than gray.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I just had new wheels installed today. I’ll try to attach pics. My silver pieces have removable carbon fiber wrap and the wheels special center caps. I was thinking of selling mine since we don’t have a lot of storage here in florida. I also have the stock center caps. I have about 2,000 miles on my car so the tires are also pretty new
I sent you a PM.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I had done my wheels exactly the same way. I originally wanted to remove all the silver striping, but there's a clear coat on top so pretty difficult to remove, so I left them and it's not ideal but it's not terrible either. The CF wrap looks a lot better than the original silver though.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Dmed you

1 - 11 of 11 Posts