Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Edition One
786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I started looking more seriously into getting eTron for myself, I also started looking at taxes and insurance. While insurance is not heartbreaking, my local country registration taxes are. This comes from the official county website
  • First Year = 2.10% of taxable value
  • Second Year = 1.50% of taxable value
  • Third Year = 1.2% of taxable value
  • Fourth Year = .9% of taxable value
  • 5-9 Years = .45% of taxable value or $10.00 whichever is greater
  • 10 + Years = $3.00
Doing a match on 87k loaded prestige trim, that is almost 2k first year in taxes just to get the vehicle on the road. I would have to drive coast to cast and charge for free to be able to make it up in fuel savings.
What does it look like where you live? Just curious how badly I am going to be in pain if I do decide to go ahead with that. Porting 2k yearly tax in place of 300 / year for my current Q5 is hard to justify, honestly.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Vehicle registration? In OR, registration fees are based on mpg. A gas sipping ICE that gets 40mpg or better pays $152 for 2 years. An EV, however, pays $306 for two years!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Registration in Arizona is around $40 for an EV, as opposed to ~$900 for a comparable IC vehicle. Get to use carpool lanes too.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Registration in Arizona is around $40 for an EV, as opposed to ~$900 for a comparable IC vehicle. Get to use carpool lanes too.
Yes, even though the etron is property tax exempt, I'm surprised a how anti-clean energy the Oregon policy is. The claim is it is because the heavier cars cause more wear and tear, but this is a state where studded snow tires are allowed and there is no fee for that.

·
Registered
2019 Edition One
786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeah, talk about consistency - in Colorado, there seems to be zero bonus on property taxes for EV, compared to ICE. Since EVs are more expensive, taxes are also much higher.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Here in Illinois, it’s 150 for an ICE car and 250 for EV per year. To make up for lost revenue to maintain infrastructure — ICE pays thru gas tax (highest in the nation).

·
Registered
2019 Audi eTron Prestige, 2019 Audi eTron Premium Plus, 2019 Audi Q5 Premium Plus, 87 Saleen Mustang
206 Posts
$679 for 1st year in Los Angeles County for Premium Plus ($74875)
$698 for 1st year in Los Angeles County for Prestige ($85195)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts