Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
21 - 40 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
I recently swapped out wheels for 22's and added the lowering links, car looks absolutely amazing! I did notice my steering wheel is slightly off-center, I spoke with an alignment tech at Audi and they advised me that the vehicle would have to be aligned and re-calibrated due to the drop/ Have you or anyone heard of this?
I didn't have that issue when I put the 22's on. But when I had Stealth PPF applied, they removed the mirrors which caused the side sensors to malfunction. Cost me about $1,000 to get them re-calibrated since not covered under warranty. So make sure and never remove the side mirrors...

·
Registered
eTron GT
60 Posts
I recently swapped out wheels for 22's and added the lowering links, car looks absolutely amazing! I did notice my steering wheel is slightly off-center, I spoke with an alignment tech at Audi and they advised me that the vehicle would have to be aligned and re-calibrated due to the drop/ Have you or anyone heard of this?
When you change suspension geometry by lowering it, you have to realign it. Very normal and a must-do.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I lowered mine using Ghost lowering links. I haven't had any bad underside scrapes but I know to drive carefully around dips and bumps. A well known-shop for Euros near me, Pacific German in Laguna Hills, CA, has the Audi Factory Scan tool and can program the car settings to ride lower. I am planning to actually have them remove the lowering links and use the factory scan tool to lower the car as supposedly it rides better. I am just waiting for them to find out from their contact at Audi if they can also enable the Matrix Headlights for my GT, I guess it depends on when the car was produced. Here is a before and after lowering and also another when I had the 22's put on View attachment 5105 View attachment 5106
Did you happen to get an update about the matrix headlights? Also, do you know if using the scan tool voids the warranty?

·
Registered
186 Posts
Did you happen to get an update about the matrix headlights? Also, do you know if using the scan tool voids the warranty?
I talked to the owner of the shop a couple weeks ago and he said they are still waiting from their contact in Germany if my vin had the matrix headlights option. No idea why it is taking months but also not that big a deal or priority. You can call Pacific German in Laguna Hills, CA if you want them to look into this for you. People bring their Audi's there from around the country as they are very knowledgeable, crazy how many RS6's I see come there from different states

Here is a description I got on different lowering options for Audi's with the air suspension from that same shop:
Scan tool lowering - done with factory tool (Odis) by re calibrating ride height. No one will know it’s had the height altered as there is no hardware or wiring changed. All drive select heights are lowered.
Links - easy to install, adjustable height and can lower it to a good height. Dealers will see the links, can compromise warranty. Also I’ve seen guys break level sensors when lowered to an extreme or during install. All drive select heights are lowered.
Cete module - can lower via their app, has a show mode to slam it. Easily adjustable but keep in mind want to keep one height for driving and alignment. Can compromise warranty since a wiring box and level sensor connectors are installed. Each drive select height is user programmable.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I talked to the owner of the shop a couple weeks ago and he said they are still waiting from their contact in Germany if my vin had the matrix headlights option. No idea why it is taking months but also not that big a deal or priority. You can call Pacific German in Laguna Hills, CA if you want them to look into this for you. People bring their Audi's there from around the country as they are very knowledgeable, crazy how many RS6's I see come there from different states

Here is a description I got on different lowering options for Audi's with the air suspension from that same shop:
Scan tool lowering - done with factory tool (Odis) by re calibrating ride height. No one will know it’s had the height altered as there is no hardware or wiring changed. All drive select heights are lowered.
Links - easy to install, adjustable height and can lower it to a good height. Dealers will see the links, can compromise warranty. Also I’ve seen guys break level sensors when lowered to an extreme or during install. All drive select heights are lowered.
Cete module - can lower via their app, has a show mode to slam it. Easily adjustable but keep in mind want to keep one height for driving and alignment. Can compromise warranty since a wiring box and level sensor connectors are installed. Each drive select height is user programmable.
Thank you for sharing the shop Pacific German in Laguna Hills! May I ask what's the meaning of matrix headlights option?

·
Registered
186 Posts
Thank you for sharing the shop Pacific German in Laguna Hills! May I ask what's the meaning of matrix headlights option?
Some of the GTs have this technology but the software was disabled in the US, depending on when they were built from what I was told. Pacific German can enable the software if your car has it available so they have to check your Vin. The reason it was disabled is the US did not allow this but it is now approved as of February 2022

·
Registered
786 Posts
Some of the GTs have this technology but the software was disabled in the US, depending on when they were built from what I was told. Pacific German can enable the software if your car has it available so they have to check your Vin. The reason it was disabled is the US did not allow this but it is now approved as of February 2022
I'm more interested in the images it can display on the floor. Pacific German said they are further away from getting that feature, but it should be possible to do

Tire Wheel Automotive lighting Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
139 Posts
I was most interested in the ability of the lights to illuminate pedestrians and animals at night time. That is especially useful for some of us that live in high density deer population areas. That ability is tied to the night vision software so we won’t get that here because Audi decided to not ship night vision to the US.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I was most interested in the ability of the lights to illuminate pedestrians and animals at night time. That is especially useful for some of us that live in high density deer population areas. That ability is tied to the night vision software so we won’t get that here because Audi decided to not ship night vision to the US.
+1 on this. Night vision is a critical safety feature in my area. if we can get that enabled it would be terrific.

·
Registered
133 Posts
If our cars are capable and this now legal, the dealers should be enabling this feature and not requiring us to go to aftermarket shop to do so, right?

·
Registered
308 Posts
Taycan has the night vision, but Taycan with the same options is over $25k more expensive than GT.

·
Registered
4 Posts
So having had the car over a month now I usually park up in efficiency but can't help but think the car needs to be another 10mm lower, so has anyone looked into lowering the air suspension parameters using VCDS / Ross Tech / Carly / Carista?

I know there are Ghost lowering links but I don't want to compromise the ride quality and Cete shouldn't be needed. I've seen plenty of C7RS6/7's with air suspension lowered using VCDS so I wondered if there was knowledge out there on doing the same to the GT's? The ideal would be to have a parked up setting which is lower than any of the modes but I suspect that would involve too much additional programming so probably best to adjust the factory height values.

Any advice / insight would be appreciated.
Hi, I lowered mine GT by 20mm with OBD11.

·
Registered
1 Posts
So having had the car over a month now I usually park up in efficiency but can't help but think the car needs to be another 10mm lower, so has anyone looked into lowering the air suspension parameters using VCDS / Ross Tech / Carly / Carista? I know there are Ghost lowering links but I don't want to compromise the ride quality and Cete shouldn't be needed. I've seen plenty of C7RS6/7's with air suspension lowered using VCDS so I wondered if there was knowledge out there on doing the same to the GT's? The ideal would be to have a parked up setting which is lower than any of the modes but I suspect that would involve too much additional programming so probably best to adjust the factory height values. Any advice / insight would be appreciated.
Yes, you can lower your GT using OBD11, I lowered my by 20mm (in less then 5 min. and it will cost you $120) I did not want to get any lower because when the car is efficiency it will drop by another 12mm which in total you are looking at 32mm and that seems to be excessive to drive and yes the suspension will feel quite a bit stiffer and if you ever decide to break the law and go over 100 mph the car will drop another 10mm.

·
Registered
4 Posts
You can buy the OBDeleven online for +/- $120, I bought mine on eBay.

Once you receive the OBD11 you will have to download the APP to your phone, then plug it into your OBD port under the car's steering wheel, press the START/STOP button and turn the car to ON and follow the instructions on the APP. and connect to it VIA Bluetooth. REMEMBER YOUR DOORS HAVE TO STAY CLOSED AT ALL TIMES.

Once your phone is connected to the OBD11 it will give you all the car's info. and it will display numerous APPs. of the different functions you can modify on the car.

If you go to OBDeleven.com you will be able to read all about it.

The difficult part is that the APP is half German and half English so you will have to translate it to English, (I used Google)

The lowering of your suspension will be under "Chassis" and it will have a picture of the suspension.

Once you are in the correct part of the APP, go to adaptations, you will have to scroll through the options/headings until you find the suspension values in millimeters. and that's where you will have to make your changes to lower the suspension. EACH WHEEL WILL BE A SEPARATE OPTION/HEADING.

Remember that you need to add the measurement value that you want to lower your car, you DO NOT subtract, you want the car to think it's higher so the inboard computer lowers the car. MAKE SURE YOU ARE ON LEVEL GROUND.

For Example, my suspension values were 400.20, 399.90, 402.30 and 403.80 and i changed them to 420.20, 419.90, 422.30.and 423.80. it will ask you for a code for the OBD11, there are several, but mine worked with 20103 most of the codes can be found online.

Once the values have been inputted you'll need to reset the suspension by scrolling down the options on the same APP, the option is just further down the list in the APP. this will set a FAULT which can be cleared with the OBD11.

Once you have cleared the FAULT go ahead and turn your car off remove the OBD11, once you turn your car on again the suspension will adjust to the new values.

I hope this helps. good luck.

·
Registered
2022 e-tron GT Prestige Performance
60 Posts
I was just able to try this with VCDS and was not able to go higher than adding 10 to each value without getting an "out of range" error. Does it matter what mode drive select is? I was in Comfort at the time which I figured made the most sense but it seems like these values should be independent of that. Also, mine started out quite a bit higher than yours to start. I suppose that's to be expected but the "out of range" issue is perplexing. I was able to add 10 to each corner just fine. What I'm not sure how to do is the reset of the suspension... There was a basis setting called "reset all adaptations" which sounds ominous but maybe that's it?

·
Registered
4 Posts
FYI, since I lowered my GT I've had a chance to drive the car on put some miles on it with it lowered, and I have decided to lift the car my 10mm.

The reason is, the car's at default let's say it's at 0mm when in efficiency mode it drops -10mm, and if you ever decide to drive the car at over 111mph it will drop an additional 12mm putting it at -22mm.

So if you default to 20mm as I have, when you have at it in efficiency mode the car will drop to -32mm which is too much and you may be damaging the airbags, and if you ever go over 111mph the car will drop another 12mm which puts it at -44mm and you would be driving on your suspension bumper stops which I do not recommend and potentially the car will through fault errors.

So today I will be setting it at -10mm to -12mm at default so that in efficiency it will drop to its operating window set by Audi and I don't think I will be doing 111mph anytime soon.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
FYI, since I lowered my GT I've had a chance to drive the car on put some miles on it with it lowered, and I have decided to lift the car my 10mm.

The reason is, the car's at default let's say it's at 0mm when in efficiency mode it drops -10mm, and if you ever decide to drive the car at over 111mph it will drop an additional 12mm putting it at -22mm.

So if you default to 20mm as I have, when you have at it in efficiency mode the car will drop to -32mm which is too much and you may be damaging the airbags, and if you ever go over 111mph the car will drop another 12mm which puts it at -44mm and you would be driving on your suspension bumper stops which I do not recommend and potentially the car will through fault errors.

So today I will be setting it at -10mm to -12mm at default so that in efficiency it will drop to its operating window set by Audi and I don't think I will be doing 111mph anytime soon.
since you’ve done the adaptions, are there separate values for each of the modes? I wondered if for example you could have individual at +20mm for parking the car but leave the values for the other modes as they are?

21 - 40 of 64 Posts