Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
since you’ve done the adaptions, are there separate values for each of the modes? I wondered if for example you could have individual at +20mm for parking the car but leave the values for the other modes as they are?
No, the values are set while your car is in comfort mode, and the 4 values I listed are for each wheel.

·
Registered
37 Posts
FYI, since I lowered my GT I've had a chance to drive the car on put some miles on it with it lowered, and I have decided to lift the car my 10mm.

The reason is, the car's at default let's say it's at 0mm when in efficiency mode it drops -10mm, and if you ever decide to drive the car at over 111mph it will drop an additional 12mm putting it at -22mm.

So if you default to 20mm as I have, when you have at it in efficiency mode the car will drop to -32mm which is too much and you may be damaging the airbags, and if you ever go over 111mph the car will drop another 12mm which puts it at -44mm and you would be driving on your suspension bumper stops which I do not recommend and potentially the car will through fault errors.

So today I will be setting it at -10mm to -12mm at default so that in efficiency it will drop to its operating window set by Audi and I don't think I will be doing 111mph anytime soon.
Awesome intel. I'm going to try this out!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Nice, Im also going to try this. I had another observation recently after an MMI software update, When I DriveSelect to Dynamic, now the level is at 3, it used to be at 2. Comfort is at 3 and Efficiency is at 1, which is the same as I remember also. Strange, I just asked the Audi tech to check it out.

I also asked the OBDEleven guys, if they were going to add "Show Mode" to the features, they said they are working on some adaptations, but I havent seen any yet. This basically just airs out the suspension when parked. I saw a guy di it in Europe on the forums, but I couldnt figure it out since much off the language is in German.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Nice, Im also going to try this. I had another observation recently after an MMI software update, When I DriveSelect to Dynamic, now the level is at 3, it used to be at 2. Comfort is at 3 and Efficiency is at 1, which is the same as I remember also. Strange, I just asked the Audi tech to check it out.

I also asked the OBDEleven guys, if they were going to add "Show Mode" to the features, they said they are working on some adaptations, but I havent seen any yet. This basically just airs out the suspension when parked. I saw a guy di it in Europe on the forums, but I couldnt figure it out since much off the language is in German.

Can Audi see what you have done with the obd11? When they plug in the Audi factory scanner, does it notify them if any changes that have been made? I’d like to have a show mode option. I’m only looking to lower it when parked. But the warranty is still in the back of my mind.

·
Registered
3 Posts

Do you mind share a link to the post?

·
Registered
590 Posts
Can Audi see what you have done with the obd11? When they plug in the Audi factory scanner, does it notify them if any changes that have been made? I’d like to have a show mode option. I’m only looking to lower it when parked. But the warranty is still in the back of my mind.
I was informed Audi could not tell there was a mod done and it won't show up on the scanner

·
Registered
15 Posts
You can buy the OBDeleven online for +/- $120, I bought mine on eBay.

Once you receive the OBD11 you will have to download the APP to your phone, then plug it into your OBD port under the car's steering wheel, press the START/STOP button and turn the car to ON and follow the instructions on the APP. and connect to it VIA Bluetooth. REMEMBER YOUR DOORS HAVE TO STAY CLOSED AT ALL TIMES.

Once your phone is connected to the OBD11 it will give you all the car's info. and it will display numerous APPs. of the different functions you can modify on the car.

If you go to OBDeleven.com you will be able to read all about it.

The difficult part is that the APP is half German and half English so you will have to translate it to English, (I used Google)

The lowering of your suspension will be under "Chassis" and it will have a picture of the suspension.

Once you are in the correct part of the APP, go to adaptations, you will have to scroll through the options/headings until you find the suspension values in millimeters. and that's where you will have to make your changes to lower the suspension. EACH WHEEL WILL BE A SEPARATE OPTION/HEADING.

Remember that you need to add the measurement value that you want to lower your car, you DO NOT subtract, you want the car to think it's higher so the inboard computer lowers the car. MAKE SURE YOU ARE ON LEVEL GROUND.

For Example, my suspension values were 400.20, 399.90, 402.30 and 403.80 and i changed them to 420.20, 419.90, 422.30.and 423.80. it will ask you for a code for the OBD11, there are several, but mine worked with 20103 most of the codes can be found online.

Once the values have been inputted you'll need to reset the suspension by scrolling down the options on the same APP, the option is just further down the list in the APP. this will set a FAULT which can be cleared with the OBD11.

Once you have cleared the FAULT go ahead and turn your car off remove the OBD11, once you turn your car on again the suspension will adjust to the new values.

I hope this helps. good luck.

Do you know if Audi can see it has been lowered (besides visually) using the obd11? Several people including a couple shops have told me they can’t see it in the scanner if done with the Audi factory scanner. Would like to buy the obd11 and do it myself if it doesn’t show.

41 - 51 of 51 Posts