Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
I am the CIO of a large enterprise. There is nothing about this that is right. All of it is easily correctible. Creating a reliable mobile app and supporting underlying infrastructure is neither hard nor particularly expensive these days. There's really only two believable or defensible reasons for this to be a continuing problem. 1) Audi does not consider IT (and connected OT) to be an important discriminator and are making investments in time, people and $$ according to that misguided belief or 2) they have limited/paused additional investments into fixing the current poor-performing platform as a fundamental modernization/transformation is underway so all their attention and investment is focused there.
I'm not so sure that Audi and the VW Group has "limited/paused" additional investments. I think it is more likely they initially underestimated what it would take to achieve their goals early on in the EV introduction (by trying to tack on the much greater requirements for EVs onto the existing MyAudi app) and THEN they compounded the problem by biting off WAY more than they could chew: 2019MY to 2020MY introduction of new MMI OS platform and hardware along with cars (heavily software dependent) produced on an expanding array of EV platforms---initially MLB-evo, then MEB, J1, PPE.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Has anyone taken a look at the Rivian EV's? Now that is technology, would seem to be at least on par with Tesla if not better. Yes, it's a new company so it's early but the technology side is absolutely amazing (great vehicles too). Audi really missed the mark.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts