Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
I would be interested to hear from those who have driven both (I have not been in a Mach-E). It seems that poor ride comfort is often mentioned as a drawback of the Mach-E.
I can tell you that the ride of the the e-tron SUV is marvelously comfortable. The air suspension in comfort mode is excellent. I leave it in comfort mode on rough roads, and all the time my wife is in the car: “Happy wife, happy life!”

·
Registered
66 Posts
Really enjoy your feedback on the Mack E vs the E Tron. I have a Mach E AWD Ext on order that is planned for production early January. Really like the Mach E looks but don't think I will be happy with the ride. Is the E Tron that much better? We have been driving a Jag XJ8 for the last 20 years, so we are used to a comfortable ride...we do have a F250 SD so I know what a stiff bouncy ride is and could not do that long term.
I'm new to the Forum, just pondering cancelling my Mach E and waiting for the Q6 Etron in a year due to the range and improved space and better charging. My wife trading her Jag for a 2022 Lexus ES.
I test drove both before going with the e-tron. The stiff suspension on the Mach-E is very noticeable. Unless you live in an area with super well-maintained and smooth roads, I'm quite sure you will be disappointed in the ride compared to a Jaguar. And, according to my family member in the back for the ride, the stiff suspension was even more noticeable back there.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I did a back to back test, Mach e AWD followed up by the Q4 E Tron 40.

After the drives the E tron won out.

Having owned quite a few German cars, the Audi was very much in keeping with them. The ride and seating was much firmer, something I like, the Mach e just felt soft.

Also, a personal preference, the conventional instrument display of the Audi was better. I'm not keen on the tablet style middle display, plus the Mach e, has a small instrument display behind the steering wheel.

Each to their own. The Mach e, wins out on kit though. Heated front windscreen, heated steering wheel, foot sweep opening tailgate and AWD at a lower price point.

If you can get to drive both on the same day, I'd say do it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I test drove both before going with the e-tron. The stiff suspension on the Mach-E is very noticeable. Unless you live in an area with super well-maintained and smooth roads, I'm quite sure you will be disappointed in the ride compared to a Jaguar. And, according to my family member in the back for the ride, the stiff suspension was even more noticeable back there.
Thanks for helping me out. Mach E's are difficult to test drive here in Vancouver WA. We got to drive one in the parking lot in June before we put in an order. So I've been on the Mach E forum and got concerned about the ride after their comments. We have an Audi dealer nearby in Beaverton OR, so will probably test an E Tron next week....don't think the Q4 E tron has arrived yet.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I did a back to back test, Mach e AWD followed up by the Q4 E Tron 40.

After the drives the E tron won out.

Having owned quite a few German cars, the Audi was very much in keeping with them. The ride and seating was much firmer, something I like, the Mach e just felt soft.

Also, a personal preference, the conventional instrument display of the Audi was better. I'm not keen on the tablet style middle display, plus the Mach e, has a small instrument display behind the steering wheel.

Each to their own. The Mach e, wins out on kit though. Heated front windscreen, heated steering wheel, foot sweep opening tailgate and AWD at a lower price point.

If you can get to drive both on the same day, I'd say do it.
I had a Mercedes for 15 years and loved the handling and ride. We have an Audi dealer across the river in Beaverton OR, so hope to test drive an E Tron next week. Only had 10 minutes in Ford dealership parking lot in June. Only way I could test drive a Mach E is wait for mine is what they told me. They sold their test vehicle/loaner a month ago and won't get another one.

Forgot about the instrument display. I want to look at the Audi as I like the looks of a conventional one, just wonder if it as functional.

Again, thanks for the input!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I put a deposit on Mach E in Nov 2019 for a GT performance.

While waiting, I test drove a Mach E (non GT), Model Y and the e-tron. I’d have stuck with the Mach-E, but the lease deals in March 2021 were way too good on the e-tron premium plus ($25k when stacked). My 2 cents is they’re all good, but entirely different driving experiences; if the range hit on the e-tron doesn’t bother you, it’s much more luxurious.

Plus now that I’ve heard about the 5 second boost on the GT performance it’s not the “performance” that I was expecting from that label.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts