Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
41 - 60 of 62 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2019 Edition One
1,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
.... and fun update. It is back :) Whatever the problem is, replacement of electronic modules seems not to have solved anything, at least permanently. My saga begins ..

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
Sorry to hear that! So, in your case, do you get the malfunction alert at random times? For me, after driving through that Dead Zone, the alert went off, but the error won't clear. Now every time i start the car, the car bleeps at me and flashes the alert verbage. After that, all is normal, except for the red warning triangle in the upper left and the "SOS Phone" alert icon at the bottom of the Cockpit Display. I've wanted to straighten out the problem I'm having with the MyAudi app before I call the dealer service about the SOS warning. Last night I got logged out of the MyAudi App on my Android and off the MMI in the car. I've been able to log back into the app, but so far, no luck with the MMI login. While even being logged out of the MMI, right now I seem to get all the data flowing from the car to the app, but I can't send anything from the app to the car.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Edition One
1,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
It goes off right now every time I start the car, but at random times. Sometimes it is immediate, sometimes it is a few minutes afterwards ... no sense, no reason, no pattern as far as I can tell. It is annoying like ****, because it scares me driving along in quiet and out of the sudden the bleeping alarm.

After that, all is normal, except for the red warning triangle in the upper left and the "SOS Phone" alert icon at the bottom of the Cockpit Display
In my case, it is yellow triangle and yellow SOS symbol at the bottom of the dash.

Waiting for the update from the dealership when I can get my baby back in. It took the whole 2 days of having it back and now ... in she goes again.

·
Registered
2019 Audi eTron Prestige, 2019 Audi eTron Premium Plus, 2019 Audi Q5 Premium Plus, 87 Saleen Mustang
256 Posts
That’s real eTron life. Slowly trying out all the Audi dealership service locations around LA.🤔😂🤷‍♂️🤦‍♂️

·
Registered
205 Posts
Did you notice in the repair statement they mention, ‘the fault switched to sporadic’. To me that implies the fix was not truly a fix, not when the issue is now ‘just’ sporadic.
The software is designed to ignore "sporadic" issues because the assumption is that that would be related to issues with cell service, such as brief dead zones within the cell network or driving through a tunnel. This may be what they are referring to. But if the car just sits in the lot with good cell reception , it should not be sporadic. So I do see your point. It depends on how they tested it, i.e. sitting in the lot vs. driving around.

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
It goes off right now every time I start the car, but at random times. Sometimes it is immediate, sometimes it is a few minutes afterwards ... no sense, no reason, no pattern as far as I can tell. It is annoying like ****, because it scares me driving along in quiet and out of the sudden the bleeping alarm.

In my case, it is yellow triangle and yellow SOS symbol at the bottom of the dash.

View attachment 2176

Waiting for the update from the dealership when I can get my baby back in. It took the whole 2 days of having it back and now ... in she goes again.
Hmm. My problem is very consistent. To modify my previous description a little, when I very first start the car I get the alert bleep and the red triangle in the upper left and the SOS icon down below. The message says Malfunction/service not available. Then, as the car boots up, I get a second BLEEP and the triangle turns to yellow and the message that you are displaying shows up. Then the message goes away, leaving the yellow triangle and SOS icon, and all is fine. I sure understand your annoyance with the BLEEP happening randomly. My Z4 has an "icy road" alarm that would wake the dead. Sometimes when it goes off, I almost run off the road. The sporadic nature for your car does seem to imply a possible loose connection, or other hardware problem. My problem seems more like a software lock up, especially since I can trace its origin to a Cell/Data Dead Zone. I hope I don't have to go through this every time I drive to the coast!

·
Registered
2019 Audi eTron Prestige, 2019 Audi eTron Premium Plus, 2019 Audi Q5 Premium Plus, 87 Saleen Mustang
256 Posts
Anyone pull any codes with OBD Eleven tool?

·
Super Moderator
2019 Edition One
1,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
Here is the VCDS scan result for the Telematics module.

Code:
Address 75: Telematics (J949)       Labels:* None
   Part No SW: 4K1 035 283 C    HW: 4K1 035 283 B
   Component: ConBox        H09 0233 
   Serial number: 005CCA12F120363
   Coding: 01C020FFC040800000
   Shop #: WSC 00046 412 00046
   ASAM Dataset: EV_ConBoxAU651 002004
   ROD: EV_ConBoxAU651_002.rod
   VCID: 2809FDFE9270DFFBE73-807C

1 Fault Found:
1114627 - Antenna 2 for Emergency Call and Communications Module
          B18BE 13 [008] - Open Circuit
          Intermittent - Confirmed - Tested Since Memory Clear
             Freeze Frame:
                    Fault Status: 00000001
                    Fault Priority: 4
                    Fault Frequency: 4
                    Reset counter: 65
                    Mileage: 12373 km
                    Date: 2021.06.18
                    Time: 13:40:46

Voltage terminal 30: 14.60 V
                    Mobile communications antenna 2 for emergency call module and communications unit-Connection to antenna: Open circuit
                    Mobile communications antenna 2 for emergency call module and communications unit-Reception level antenna: -113.00 %
                    Mobile communications antenna 2 for emergency call module and communications unit-Voltage: 1010 mV

·
Super Moderator
2019 Edition One
1,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
Small update: the car went in today and just got it back. It turns out there are two daisy-chained antenna assemblies and the one that was failed, was not replaced the first time around. YaY. Now both are new and I hope the problem goes away for good.

It does beg the question about the service technician training, something that has been debated here at length on many topics. It does seem at times they do not exactly are 100% sure what they are doing. It is hard for me to believe that a trainer tech would miss the fact that there are two assemblies to be checked and validated, unless I am missing here something basic.

Anyway, next 48 hours should be all telling. It will be pretty warm and I noticed the incidence probability was apparently directly related to the ambient temperature (the warmer, the more likely the issue to occur).

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
Small update: the car went in today and just got it back. It turns out there are two daisy-chained antenna assemblies and the one that was failed, was not replaced the first time around. YaY. Now both are new and I hope the problem goes away for good.

It does beg the question about the service technician training, something that has been debated here at length on many topics. It does seem at times they do not exactly are 100% sure what they are doing. It is hard for me to believe that a trainer tech would miss the fact that there are two assemblies to be checked and validated, unless I am missing here something basic.

Anyway, next 48 hours should be all telling. It will be pretty warm and I noticed the incidence probability was apparently directly related to the ambient temperature (the warmer, the more likely the issue to occur).
Unless the dealer wants to gamble that replacing one antenna will fix the problem, so they won't incur the costs for replacing both. That would also let them identify which antenna is the problem.

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
Not only does my SOS issue appear to be fixed, but also my MyAudi app issue, as well. ! I had dropped off my car at the Dealer to have faults cleared for "SOS interruption of service". When I picked up the car the faults were cleared AND I found I was logged into the MyAudi account (and Alexa) through the MMI ( I have not been able to log in for more than two weeks). All the app remote services appear to be working now. I'm not quite sure how the log in happened. I did not have to input my credentials, I was already logged in when I got into the car....The Advisor did not know if doing a hard reset of the Communications module, which was required to clear the faults, would have done anything. He said they did not input my credentials (they were stashed away in the glovebox, given all the attempts I have been dealing with the past couple of weeks.)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sharing my experience in case it helps someone.
I was getting the same sporadic SOS emergency failure warning, typically after starting my 2019 etron prestige. This was a year ago....
Soon afterwards I went to the dealership to get it sorted out, was due for some recall anyways.

So what COULD have happened was that the telemetry module had issues, and the dealership service turned it off.
OR
What could have happened was that it just died on its own...

In any case, I did not see that warning popup, but also noticed afterwards that I was having connectivity issues with MyAudi app.

I could not get updates to odometer readings, battery status, pretty much everything except that I was able to send destinations remotely to navigation...

I came across some comment on a forum about SOS functionality and App connectivity somehow being linked, and that is when I saw that the green light on the SOS button was off in my etron.

Few days back I went to the dealership for my 20K, and complained about the app as well as about the SOS emergency button.

They replaced the Telemetry module, and it would seem it is all working now.
Hope this helps!

41 - 60 of 62 Posts