Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Eric

I ordered the Front License plate holder from Craven Speed.
I got it today, but it looks like I am missing the peice that raises it above the parking sensor.
Or it that sonething you made your self?

THank You
Larry

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Hi Larry,
The spacer is a flat, about 2 inch long metal piece with holes on each end for screws. Did you ask for the special "etron GT package that Danielle is working on with Eric?" The etron kit on their website isn't built for the GT.

They sent me a new, 15mm shorter bolt than i had in the pictures earlier. - I'm installing that today and will take more pics. That should bring the plate in closer by 1/2 an inch. If this new bolt works, Danielle said they'd make an official kit with a solid-piece bolt (vs. the two piece bolt joined together that I've been testing with.)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thanks for the response.
I have contacted Danielle at CravenSpeed and I expect to get it sorted.
When I ordered she mentioned that they were making the shorter peice for you so I thought I got the correct item.
Maybe They got crossed up abd sent the standard Etron kit.
I look forward to seeing your new kit.

Larry

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
In testing last night, the post was a smidge too short - it needs to be just a bit longer so that the screw ends aren't touching the grille cover. I will expect to test a new post later this week.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Eric
I got the license plate holder installed and I think it looks fine.
Thank you for the recommendation to Craven Speed
Larry
Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle
Water Hood Automotive tire Automotive mirror Windscreen wiper

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 · (Edited)
Great news. I just tested final perfect length post for tow hook from CS. It puts the plate exactly 1/2 inch from bumper. They'll have final kit published this week and ideally on website. I'll post here with info when it's up.

·
Registered
RS E Tron GT Year one - Mythos Black, 2016 AMG C63S Sedan-645hp, 2013 SLS GT AMG Coupe-591hp
4 Posts
I'm supposed to have a front plate here in Texas, but I don't put them on any of my cars. You really don't get hassled much at all. only when you go way out of the city and the country boy cops want their presence known.

Another idea is to try one of those mounts that has a remote and can slide down and under the bumper. I think its mounted by screwing it under the car.

·
Registered
62 Posts
The best part is I can remove the front plate and put the tow hook cover back on. I'm waiting until I have the black rings to decide what I will do.

·
Premium Member
2014 R8 V10 Cabriolet, 2015 RS7
180 Posts
California. No front plates on any of my “good” cars. Yes, dealer makes you sign a waiver to decline installation of a front plate bracket; I find it amusing there is a pre-printed form for that. Ticketed once in thirty years, and that was only for a parking meter violation that tacked on the missing front plate as an add-on. Never ticketed otherwise, and I’ve been stopped for other reasons. I understand everyone makes their own choice here, but I think those Rho and CravenSpeed mounts don’t do anything but ugly for the GT front end.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I dont have one on mine. I didnt put one on my Model X either. I think they have become more lax in the last 10 years about the front plate. And if you do get a ticket its administrative only.
I live in San Diego and I have been driving a 2002 Ford Thunderbird with no front license plate for 20 years and never gotten a ticket. My GT Quatro is still on track to arrive at the dealership in about 3 weeks.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I haven't decided yet. I really don't have time to deal with a fix-it ticket. I may just remove it and put it in front trunk. Now that I had the wheels powder coated gloss black, the rings and badges changed to black and the license plate in black, I don't know if I hate it that much. I'll give it a few weeks.
Car Wheel Vehicle Land vehicle Sky
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Cloud

21 - 34 of 34 Posts